PO: Modern Baseball - You're Gonna Miss It All - Out 2/11/14 via RFC

I am. It's actually funny though. Right before they release a new album I always think I'm pretty much over them and the sound, then they end up blowing me away with a new album. I listen to very little pop punk now, but they keep on pushing the boundaries further than I thought they could go. Still waiting for them to shock us with an album, which I'm sure will happen eventually.

Hahaha I'm on the totally opposite end of the spectrum. They are going on tour with MB, Defeater and Citizen so I guess I have to put up with them.

If it's popular in the pop punk community I consider it teenage music, so yes. But that's okay because music is subjective ,but this is definitely stuff that doesn't hit too well with those out of high school. Pop punk is the epitome of Teenager music. 

Fyi this isn't pop punk, just popular in the community

If it's popular in the pop punk community I consider it teenage music, so yes. But that's okay because music is subjective ,but this is definitely stuff that doesn't hit too well with those out of high school. Pop punk is the epitome of Teenager music. 

Fyi this isn't pop punk, just popular in the community

no disappointment here

Was at MB the other night and was pleasantly surprised. However I'm afraid you're probably right about the other two, I'm gonna get pissed really quickly hahahah

yeah, it's going to be rough. if the show was in DC i would absolutely consider going but since it's in baltimore it takes more effort than I'm willing to give for this.

last two TWY sets i've seen have been support sets with fairly large crowds and were both far better than I expected them to be. 

,but this is definitely stuff that doesn't hit too well with those out of high school. Pop punk is the epitome of Teenager music. 

Thanks for the info TeenageEric

And I dont think pop punk is teenager music. Do a lot of teens like it? Sure. But could that possibly be because it's just good music?

Thanks for the info TeenageEric

And I dont think pop punk is teenager music. Do a lot of teens like it? Sure. But could that possibly be because it's just good music?

It really is lyrically speaking, pop punk is full of angst, growing up and teenage vibes here are some examples:

"You'd cry and say:
"well it's been done, and it's too late"                                           Transit - 1978

"But I could swear I saw your reflection
In the puddle of rain on the concrete.

You were standing next to me and your lips were on my cheek."         Man Overboard - Disconnect

"I'm not sad anymore, I'm just tired of this place.
The weight of the world be okay if it would pick a shoulder to lean on"       The Wonder Years - My Last Semester 

Notice how all of these lyrics follow the themes of Loneliness, lack of belonging, and companionship, all themes prominent within the high school years, and yes I know not all pop punk lyrics are this trivial, but these are 3 of the most popular names in the game right now, and compared to say Beach House, or say Tame Impala these lyrics seem a bit more childish and simple. This by no means is bad, it just appeals to a demographic in said situation better.

Yes I'm aware I'm extremely pretentious  

Can I be the one to say Modern Baseball wouldn't have gotten anywhere without POZ tweeting about them 100 times a day. 

pretty sure zack helps manage them or something like that

because running a music blog gives you plenty of credentials and experience to manage a band and run a record label, right?

I've never understood what age has anything to do with anything when it comes to liking music.

I'm 28 and the majority of what I listen to is pop punk. I don't give a shit if the majority of a bands fan base are 16 year olds. Its hard to explain but if I like something, I like it and nothing else comes into play to base my decision off it. I don't know, I just feel like a lot of people on here wont like something based solely on factors that shouldn't even matter. If you like something, don't be ashamed of it

I've never understood what age has anything to do with anything when it comes to liking music.

I'm 28 and the majority of what I listen to is pop punk. I don't give a shit if the majority of a bands fan base are 16 year olds. Its hard to explain but if I like something, I like it and nothing else comes into play to base my decision off it. I don't know, I just feel like a lot of people on here wont like something based solely on factors that shouldn't even matter. If you like something, don't be ashamed of it

Well said.

Yup. Agreed.

Were you also in the thread where the majority of people shat on La Dispute?

I agree with you. However, my opinion doesn't matter as much cause I'm actually a teenager still.