PO NOW! Manchester Orchestra "Cope" and Headlining Tour with B&C, Kevin Devine

RadDonut

I'm wondering how aggressive Andy's vocals get on this album. From what I've heard so far the music is heavy as shit but his vocals aren't quite as rough as I would have expected. Man I need to hear this!

I think it's gonna be a super interesting mesh. I am so loving the heaviness so far. I've seen plenty of metal bands and post hardcore bands live, but somehow, both times I saw Manchester, I came out more tired and sweaty than I've ever been from a show. I'm seeing them on RSD in Orlando and it's going to be so fucking intense. I've been wanting to see them again since, well, the last time I saw them in 2012.

Just got this email from the band.

Hey everybody,

We just got an update about our deluxe vinyl bundle and they are telling us that it’s going to be shipping to us later than we had hoped. THIS BUMS ME OUT. I am sure you are also pretty ticked. We have put so much time and effort into making sure that these box sets are legitimately dope, and hearing this news is a big let down.

This kind of thing is the worst stuff to have to relay to your fans and I greatly appreciate your understanding. I guess that somewhere between making this box really unique and the factory being overloaded with work for Record Store Day, that it just won’t be here by the time we were told. At this point, we are hoping that they will not be delayed longer than a few weeks after release date; and we will keep you up to date as soon as we find out anything. We will make sure that you all receive your downloadable album the day of, if not the day before.

Lastly, thank you so much for your support in purchasing our deluxe vinyl bundle and anything from this band. Like everything involved with Manchester Orchestra, this has been a real labor of love and we are dying to share it with you. Thank you again for understanding.

-Andy & MO

The cost for this went up on Amazon. WTF? All I want to do is get this album for a good price.

If you preorder, you get the lowest price between when you order and the ship date. Takes the hard work out of trying to get the cheapest price

Plus if you find it elsewhere for cheaper, you can easily cancel

Amazon has this figured out.

I was thinking about it and I realized that when people ask me my favorite bands, I never think to mention Manchester Orchestra. As I was listening to Cope, I realized they are probably one of the most consistent bands I listen to, and definitely deserve more personal recognition. This album is great. A little samey in parts, but damn solid. Very happy. 

I was thinking about it and I realized that when people ask me my favorite bands, I never think to mention Manchester Orchestra. As I was listening to Cope, I realized they are probably one of the most consistent bands I listen to, and definitely deserve more personal recognition. This album is great. A little samey in parts, but damn solid. Very happy.

I can definitely agree with this. I'm in a similar boat. When people ask my favorite bands, I usually say Circa and Murder by Death, but lately Manchester has been on my mind a lot. The album is definitely fucking amazing, but I do agree that it can seem a little "samey" at parts. That's not completely a bad thing, though. One of the new problems I had with Simple. Math was that it had very fun, upbeat songs, and then it had pretty slow songs that aren't as fun to listen to when you're jammin' out. But even so, I still think they have to play one of the best shows I've seen thus far.