Instagram Record A Day

IanRees

i think it's too hard to one up anybody.  i, too, put some thought into what i post and write a short blurb about it.  that's what makes it fun for me as far as participating.  i did see a lot of death cab, deftones and deafheaven but it was definitely nice to see more variety than i expected.  i saw someone posted a derek and the dominos album and totally forgot i had that one.  haha.  i'll have to throw mine up and the meaning (for me) behind it some other time.

My thought process is usually... 1. find something that fits the category 2. am I in the mood to listen to this right now? If it fits those, I go for it. Looking ahead, I have some records where I really think the splatter/ half and half came out nice, so I'll probably give those a spin when the day comes.

I do feel like some people are trying to one up others. I thought it on the first day when people were posting Deja Entendu, but I'm sure everyone who owns it listens to it daily anyways. :unsure:

Today my posts were Ugly American Overkill, an Amphetamine Reptile compilation from 1991 and the soundtrack to A Field in England by Jim Williams. 

Figured there'd be a lot of Drive soundtracks. Actually that will probably pop up more this month, there being coloured/picture disc versions, 2xLP, soundtrack...