Instagram Record A Day

IanRees

Yeah, I'm not playing my records when I post. Didn't know it was a prerequisite for this.

Same. It would be difficult to take a nice picture of my record and its cover with my current setup. Even if it were different, I would think the cover or record itself should suffice as long as you're not just copying a picture off the internet.

i honestly don't have time to play my records every single day though i wish i did.  maybe the 7"s but definitely not a full length.  when i do have time though, i can usually put a few on and enjoy them all in that chunk of time.

i barely even have the time to take a pic a day but another reason i like this photo a day challenge is that it gets me to think more about what all is in my collection and then i'll remember to put aside something that i've forgotten about and haven't listened to in a very long time.

i did notice the signed grooves and the fingers all over the grooves in some pics, haha.

A couple of things grinding my gears. People not playing the records they're posting.

And people posting CDs, tapes, DVDs and iTunes lists.

It defeats the purpose of the whole thing. Play your damn records people

I think my favorite thing about the record a day is that I play each record I post each day. Even though it may not be a picture of me playing the record, I still take the time to spin it. 

I think my favorite thing about the record a day is that I play each record I post each day. Even though it may not be a picture of me playing the record, I still take the time to spin it. 

Yeah same here. Actually when I'm searching for things I want to post I'll pull out two or three to listen to that night.

I think you guys are trying to put too many imaginary rules into this.

I'm not spinning any of mine because I don't want 31 of the same picture like someone already pointed out. I enjoy composing pictures. This is fun for me in a photography sense. and I'm not spinning anything until I get a new table as an incentive to save money.

do whatever the hell you want.

Personally I am not a fan of videos, they sound shitty and don't visually display anything enjoyable about the records, which to me is the point.

I enjoy seeing pictures of records, whether they are taken in the same spot every day or not, they are still different records. Also, just because the picture is not taken on the turntable does not mean the record wasn't played.

I think you guys are trying to put too many imaginary rules into this.

I'm not spinning any of mine because I don't want 31 of the same picture like someone already pointed out. I enjoy composing pictures. This is fun for me in a photography sense. and I'm not spinning anything until I get a new table as an incentive to save money.

do whatever the hell you want.

Unless you post the same record 31 times, it won't look the same. You can still get creative with composition. You just need to be...uh creative I guess.

It's obviously not a rule they need to be played, just something that grinds my gears. Kind of like people that frame records, or have the actual record signed. It seems pointless to me.

Music was made to be listened to, not just kept on a shelf and brought out for 30 seconds while the owner gets arty for an Instagram photo

I just see this whole thing as an exercise in showing off the different nooks and crannies of our collections

Same.

I guess I might be slightly spoilt in my living situation. My two housemates love music, I live 30 seconds walk from work and above some stores. So I don't have to be mindful of any noise complaints