Instagram Record A Day

IanRees

So there are plans to keep doing this each month? Who's outlining the topics for each day if that is happening?

If it does continue, I'd like to see every 3 months. That way a bunch of new comers could fill in a bunch of gaps in their collection without feeling like they're posting the same things each time.

I've seen so much minor threat and fugazi so far. Also plenty of guns n roses. And it's good to see a few Paul Simon - Graceland records pop up(one of my favourites!). And also a couple of others have posted some hard-ons too. Which rules because all of us have posted different hard-ons records that I've seen

If it does continue, I'd like to see every 3 months. That way a bunch of new comers could fill in a bunch of gaps in their collection without feeling like they're posting the same things each time.

I've seen so much minor threat and fugazi so far. Also plenty of guns n roses. And it's good to see a few Paul Simon - Graceland records pop up(one of my favourites!). And also a couple of others have posted some hard-ons too. Which rules because all of us have posted different hard-ons records that I've seen

Yeah, I agree with you on the 3 month thing.  I almost picked up the Paul Simon - Graceland the last time I was at the store but my wallet begged me not too.  Definitely on my list as the next vinyl I gotta get.

I'm at work so haven't gotten to do today's challenge but still deciding amongst REM, Tom Petty, the Boss, Pixies, or Pat Benatar.

So there are plans to keep doing this each month? Who's outlining the topics for each day if that is happening?

It'd be pretty cool to keep this going all year and see how popular it remains.

yeah the plan is to make a new one every month. I made the current one.

3 months seems like a good distance, maybe 4. Also a few of the categories can probably change a little each time. There are some awesome ones and some that are much less accessible to some people. Let's just hope that some other site or forum doesn't bite this too hard for future months.

Unfortunately I don't think the masses will wait 3 months for the next one. Someone else will make one for next month and then take credit for the whole thing. That's just the way teh internetz works. I'd love to submit a few suggestions for the next one though:

- Record with an etched side
- Favorite dollar bin find
- Color swirl record
- 3XLP or more
- most coveted record you own
- Your White Whale

I really like the idea of doing the month specific ones like the Black Artist one.

Overall this was a great idea. It definitely had me using instagram a lot more, and more importantly, looking through my collection in a new way. I don't have enough records to post every day for a year but I could withstand three or four months of these without a repeat and I am looking forward to doing this again at some point!

Yeah, it wouldnt be the same as this month. there will be some crossover like the basic stuff 7", 10", color, black etc. but im gonna try and switch it up (and obviously take the boards suggestions)

right on.....

you should do a blind grab day where you just randomly pick a piece from your collection with out looking.

Maybe throw in some comic/weird ones, like

- first record you scratched while drunk and/or stupid

- first record you remember your parents forcing you to listen to

- a blind purchase

- a record you regret buying, but still own for some reason

- a record you stole (or just borrowed but forgot to return)