Post Your Record Storage Area

thanks

my collection as a whole is starting to get a little big for the container it's in now. I probably have them stored in the worst way possible right now.

What are some pointers for storage? if any one has any

A friend of mine said that standing them up is preferable, and that they should avoid sunlight.

thanks

my collection as a whole is starting to get a little big for the container it's in now. I probably have them stored in the worst way possible right now.

What are some pointers for storage? if any one has any

A friend of mine said that standing them up is preferable, and that they should avoid sunlight.

yea, dont stack your records. and direct sunlight, over time probably isnt good. Honestly, as you can tell by this thread most of us have expedits, but just look around this thread you'll get ideas.

i see, once i pay off some of my debts i will most definitely have to pick up some better storage!

Agua if you like to build stuff yourself, try out these record racks. I currently dont have much time to do it myself but all the plans are there and it seems pretty easy and inexpensive to do yourself. 

image.jpg

here's my main wall. music hall mmf 5.1 into a yamaha a-s1000 into b&w cm5. for digital i have a mac mini with the cambridge audio dacmagic plus d/a converter.

technics rs-tr515 tapedeck.

the left 2x1 shelf holds my ambient stuff in the top and folk/songwriter lp's in the bottom.

the right 2x2 is filled with all my post- and space-rock albums.

image.jpgt

top left to bottom right:

10 inches and tapes

books and some blues

pop/rock

jazz

rock

more books

albums to sell behind the picture

stuff i listened to and have to sort back in the shelf

Can anybody tell me if this storage from Amazon is any good?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000O1APF0/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1369139238&sr=8-2π=SL75

I looked on Ikea but could not find one like this. Right now this is all I would need...

there's plenty of reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/Foremost-327806-Modular-Divided-Storage/dp/B000O1APF0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369142851&sr=8-1&keywords=Foremost+327806+Modular+Large+Divided+Storage+System%2C+Black

sounds like they're a good minimal solution if you don't have a ton of vinyl. ikea doesn't carry anything like it, though most people find the expedit is the best bang for your record-storing buck.

there's plenty of reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/Foremost-327806-Modular-Divided-Storage/dp/B000O1APF0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369142851&sr=8-1&keywords=Foremost+327806+Modular+Large+Divided+Storage+System,+Black

sounds like they're a good minimal solution if you don't have a ton of vinyl. ikea doesn't carry anything like it, though most people find the expedit is the best bang for your record-storing buck.

Thanks Dreamover,

Yeah I saw the reviews but still couldn't really be sure of durability, I thought maybe someone on here may have had a set. I think it was Target reviews though that I was double-guessing myself with. Because they sold some cubes and I think some people said they crack easy and get scratched etc.

Thanks Dreamover,

Yeah I saw the reviews but still couldn't really be sure of durability, I thought maybe someone on here may have had a set. I think it was Target reviews though that I was double-guessing myself with. Because they sold some cubes and I think some people said they crack easy and get scratched etc.

tumblr_mm8h2j7KCl1s5x9u2o1_500.jpg

I have one.  I haven't moved it since I got it.  The plus side over the expedit is that it has a back and it's a cheap alternative.  I don't know how sturdy it'd be if you stacked it when you ran out of room in the first one.  It's served me well.  I'm getting a 2x4 expedit or building a shelf soon.  Oh and getting a new table as well haha.

• jhulud locked this topic