Post Your Record Storage Area

This is gorgeous. One question though: Are you at all worried about having all the weight from the records at the top with nothing on the bottom two shelves? That would make me a little nervous....

Not really. The thing is ridiculously stable and reinforced. Besides, I'll be filling up the bottom shelves with books. Just filled it up with the vinyl so I could take a picture.

Frankly, with the higher price range like this, you are buying into it for many reasons. Sound quality is prime, this table has a magnetic drive. So the platter is being driven by a magnet which decouples the motor vibrations completely for the platter, vinyl, stylus interface. There is a solidarity to the music. These kind of tables with the proper arms let the cartridges truly live up to their potential. It is technically a design where fewer, if any, compromises are made and the designer is given monetary freedom to do his best.

Also, these pieces are visually striking and have an artistic value as well. Yes, he has a setup that does justice to the rest of the components. He is a well to do individual so he indulges.

Does he just listen to Powerful Love like in Looper;) That is a very nice setup:)

Just finished building this with my father in-law. Took us about 10 hours accumulated. Pretty happy with the results! Going to eventually build a second one and a table to put in between to make a kick-ass entertainment center.

30l0yl3.jpg

That is lovely.  It's actually something similar to what I've been looking at seeing if a local place could build for me.  There is an amazing furniture store 2 minutes from my house that only uses reclaimed goods.  I've been dreading seeing how much they would charge for a Vinyl storage unit. 

That is lovely. It's actually something similar to what I've been looking at seeing if a local place could build for me. There is an amazing furniture store 2 minutes from my house that only uses reclaimed goods. I've been dreading seeing how much they would charge for a Vinyl storage unit.

Yeah I can imagine the price would be pretty ridiculous. With how easy it was for us to build, we've actually been considering making a few more and seeing if we could sell them around the area. It'd be nice to make some extra $$ to help fuel the vinyl addiction!

Hi, thought I'd show my storage, I've been collecting vinyl for just under a year and a half.

Brought this 2x2 Expedit and pretty much filled it straight away! Will need to get another one soon I guess...

erzzw3.jpg

Closer view...

2cnyxdk.jpg

About how many LPs can you fit into each one of those squares? (That way I dont have to bring a stack of albums into Ikea)

• jhulud locked this topic