Post Your Record Storage Area

That Expedit collapsed because the longer pieces were vertical and the smaller pieces were horizontal....look at the pic again.

In other words, the person who built it was a dolt and stood it up incorrectly.

That Expedit collapsed because the longer pieces were vertical and the smaller pieces were horizontal....look at the pic again.

In other words, the person who built it was a dolt and stood it up incorrectly.

Exactly this, the idiot stood it up the wrong way. How could somebody be that careless with their collection?

On a similar but different note to spacers:

For those with Expedits, what (if anything) do you use to backstop your records in the shelves? I'm sick of pushing a bunch of records way back into the shelf every time I put a record back in its place.

someone a while back posted a mod where they glued a small strip of wood to the back to act act as a stopper

I just ran completely out of room on my shelves and live too far away from an Ikea to pick up an Expedit.  No clue what to do at this point.  I may take some books off of my book shelves to fit upcoming records in.  Ugh, apartment life sucks sometimes. 

What about Craigslist, maybe someone in your area is selling one.

I just ran completely out of room on my shelves and live too far away from an Ikea to pick up an Expedit.  No clue what to do at this point.  I may take some books off of my book shelves to fit upcoming records in.  Ugh, apartment life sucks sometimes. 

feel free to sell me some of your records for cheap to make room, you do owe me for getting you hooked up on those prints ;) jk jk

On a similar but different note to spacers:

For those with Expedits, what (if anything) do you use to backstop your records in the shelves? I'm sick of pushing a bunch of records way back into the shelf every time I put a record back in its place.

My roommate (he's crafty) took left over mailers (we had like 25 at the time), cut them, and made what would could be considered as rectangular prisms to place behind the LPs as stoppers for my expedit. He then spray painted them black so they wouldn't be visible. They have a height of about 2", width of maybe the same, and a length of the size of the cubby.

• jhulud locked this topic