Post Your Record Storage Area

That Leadbelly record is rad. Into any New Orleans music (Eddie Bo, Huey Smith, Ernie K-Doe, Meters)?

I love NOLA R&B as well as cajun/zydeco (and pretty much any music that comes

out of your great state - as opposed to crap that comes out of my great state).  Faves

include Meters, Smiley Lewis, Ernie K-Doe, Allen Toussaint…the list goes on.  You

don't find alot of that stuff at our local yard sales n' flea markets, but once in a blue

moon lightning does strike...

Rich 

Love the baseball records .... In particular the Stan the Man album! You wouldn't happen to have any Red Sox related ones would you? Also, welcome!!

Thank you for the welcome.  I don't think I have any Bosox-related albums.  However, on the new vinyl front, Sundazed is releasing a Freddy Cannon/Los Straitjackets doing the Red Sox theme songs for Record Store Day 2013.  Check their website for more info.

Rich

bosox45.jpg

Thank you for the welcome.  I don't think I have any Bosox-related albums.  However, on the new vinyl front, Sundazed is releasing a Freddy Cannon/Los Straitjackets doing the Red Sox theme songs for Record Store Day 2013.  Check their website for more info.

Rich

bosox45.jpg

Very nice! Thank you!

how regularly do you listen to each one of those copies?

Kind of a joke picture.

I've only listened to the first press and Italian once and the 2012 represses are disappointing in sound quality, but play them a few times a month. 3 of the pics are color doubles I'm selling, one is the Plan 9 boot I want to sell, and one of the 2nd presses, I just sold. I haven't listened to the 2009 versions yet.

That leaves me with a 2nd Press (my favorite) and 3 variations of the 1988 press, which I think sound the best. They get played a few times a week.

Yes...it's his last and final turntable purchase.  He bought it a few years ago...almost 3 years if I remember correctly.

Do you notice any improvements in sound quality over regular tables? I suppose that would be difficult to tell because if he has a $28,000 table, surely he would have an expensive set up.

Do you notice any improvements in sound quality over regular tables? I suppose that would be difficult to tell because if he has a $28,000 table, surely he would have an expensive set up.

Frankly, with the higher price range like this, you are buying into it for many reasons. Sound quality is prime, this table has a magnetic drive. So the platter is being driven by a magnet which decouples the motor vibrations completely for the platter, vinyl, stylus interface.  There is a solidarity to the music.  These kind of tables with the proper arms let the cartridges truly live up to their potential.  It is technically a design where fewer, if any, compromises are made and the designer is given monetary freedom to do his best.  

Also, these pieces are visually striking and have an artistic value as well.  Yes, he has a setup that does justice to the rest of the components.  He is a well to do individual so he indulges.

Just finished building this with my father in-law. Took us about 10 hours accumulated. Pretty happy with the results! Going to eventually build a second one and a table to put in between to make a kick-ass entertainment center.

30l0yl3.jpg

e5faq8.jpg

fook2.jpg

This is gorgeous. One question though: Are you at all worried about having all the weight from the records at the top with nothing on the bottom two shelves? That would make me a little nervous....

• jhulud locked this topic