Post Your Record Storage Area

^^^^

Awesome setup!

What did you use to have the records rest on the wall? Some ikea shelf or wood strapping or something?

I used two different type of wood trims. Glued them together, cut to the proper length, used a nail gun to attach them to the wall, painted them white! Does the job and displays the records really well (IMO).

I've finally finished my basement. I was gonna do my home office downstairs, plus have a room just for my records (and do some cool bins like in a record store)...but when we found out that my wife was expecting our 2nd child, we decided to double the play room space for my daughter and soon to be born son. (family first!). So I combined my office and records!

I'm not done yet, I still need to reorganize a few things and hang my framed posters and records on the other walls (not pictured). But so far I do enjoy having my records in my office, I found myself working from home more often! :D

[image]

[image]

Omg.

Until I figure something out and change my furniture in my room, these speakers will have to do.

[image]

Just saw All Get Out with Balance and Composure a couple weeks ago. I was really impressed. I bought their CD at the merch table, I assumed they didn't have their record on vinyl since they didn't have it with them. I'm going to have to find one now!

Until I figure something out and change my furniture in my room, these speakers will have to do.

[image]

Just saw All Get Out with Balance and Composure a couple weeks ago. I was really impressed. I bought their CD at the merch table, I assumed they didn't have their record on vinyl since they didn't have it with them. I'm going to have to find one now!

They sold out on tour like 1/4 of the way in and posted on their facebook that they didn't have their vinyl. I was going to wait til the show to buy, but then saw that and immediately jumped on it. They sold out online too. I believe it was only /250. Such an awesome record.

I've finally finished my basement. I was gonna do my home office downstairs, plus have a room just for my records (and do some cool bins like in a record store)...but when we found out that my wife was expecting our 2nd child, we decided to double the play room space for my daughter and soon to be born son. (family first!). So I combined my office and records!

I'm not done yet, I still need to reorganize a few things and hang my framed posters and records on the other walls (not pictured). But so far I do enjoy having my records in my office, I found myself working from home more often! :D

[image]

[image]

Do you have a mop I can borrow? Just need to clean up this drool.

Guest beejayz
Aren't you afraid that you'll roll off the bed and get wedged between the wall and the bed and on top of the records?

LMAO :D funniest comment on this forum.

This has been my favorite thread and I've been waiting years to post in it. I recently moved and here's the new digs. Three expedits in a tatami room.

[image]

[image]

I wish I had chosen black boxes for the 7"s. I initially just bought the boxes to move, I didn't imagine they would fit in an expedit. They came in black, white and cardboard and I went with cardboard.

[image]

This has been my favorite thread and I've been waiting years to post in it. I recently moved and here's the new digs. Three expedits in a tatami room.

[image]

[image]

I wish I had chosen black boxes for the 7"s. I initially just bought the boxes to move, I didn't imagine they would fit in an expedit. They came in black, white and cardboard and I went with cardboard.

[image]

Duuuude. This looks like a giant boom box. Killer.

Guest beejayz

im somewhat new to vinyl, collections pretty small. i know its bad to store them stacked on each other so to avoid this i plan to get a case/holder for them. all the ones i find are to large though and it would look weird to store such a few records in them so i plan on getting a acrylic case customed made so the size will be perfect. just wondering if anyone has gone with an acrylic custom case and how its been working out?

im somewhat new to vinyl, collections pretty small. i know its bad to store them stacked on each other so to avoid this i plan to get a case/holder for them. all the ones i find are to large though and it would look weird to store such a few records in them so i plan on getting a acrylic case customed made so the size will be perfect. just wondering if anyone has gone with an acrylic custom case and how its been working out?

Get an Expedit 1x2 or something like that. Or see if you can find a couple old milk crates. Getting a custom acrylic "case" seems a little overboard and I can't imagine it would be cheap.

Get an Expedit 1x2 or something like that. Or see if you can find a couple old milk crates. Getting a custom acrylic "case" seems a little overboard and I can't imagine it would be cheap.

What a waste of money to get that done when other options are so available. Just the money to buy more records

Guest beejayz
I saw the cardboard 7" deals and said I would try to make one at work. Well, today I didn't feel like getting lunch and figured I'd try to slam one of them out. I consider this my prototype. I want to add hand holds and a lid to the next one. But yeah, it's a start, I'll try and get the other one going next week. I may even get some dividers made so I can get these fuckers in some sort of order finally.

[image]

[image]

and boom thats what i was talking about, ill prob have something like that made for me

What a waste of money to get that done when other options are so available. Just the money to buy more records

Yeah, but there are only so many records by The Used.

Guest beejayz
don't really have great storage area(s) -

First set of LPs, these are kept at the foot of my bed:

[image]

Second set of LPs and 10" records, these are kept next to the door of my bedroom:

[image]

7inches, kept on a shelf (supposed to be a desk area but never used it for that purpose) next to my turntable:

[image]

My crappy stereo. CD changer that doesn't work anymore/turntable/cassette deck. Not the best table in the world but plays well enough. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford a better one. *Note: the right speaker is located at the top of my shelving unit, couldn't get a pic, you get the idea:

[image]

that outlet looks very safe.

I saw the cardboard 7" deals and said I would try to make one at work. Well, today I didn't feel like getting lunch and figured I'd try to slam one of them out. I consider this my prototype. I want to add hand holds and a lid to the next one. But yeah, it's a start, I'll try and get the other one going next week. I may even get some dividers made so I can get these fuckers in some sort of order finally.

and boom thats what i was talking about, ill prob have something like that made for me

If they were cheap to ship, I'd make them for ya. I've made enough to house all of my records, still haven't got around to dividers, though I really need to as I've been selling off some doubles and I have to dig through so much to find them

Guest beejayz

If they were cheap to ship, I'd make them for ya. I've made enough to house all of my records, still haven't got around to dividers, though I really need to as I've been selling off some doubles and I have to dig through so much to find them

thats fine, i found a really good and expirenced guy who could make me one. im just deciding my final measurements before making a payment.

• jhulud locked this topic