Post Your Record Storage Area

I had these. They get flimsy when stacked and because of the construction they will crack should you try and move it full. Just some advice

I got mine at Target, but they appear to be the same thing.

I have these, 2 sets 3 high and 2 sets 2 high and no issues whats so ever. They are pretty loaded too, the 3 high ones have my turntable on one and my amp on the other and are still solid. I experienced no cracking or sagging. But then again I'm not moving them when they are full. Not sure why anyone would attempt that in the first place.

I'm about to move... here's my empty expedits..

MqQUn.jpg

and here's everything packed up!

dXiuf.jpg

jZY6i.jpg

housed in easy to carry heavyweight cardboard boxes. all stored upright, with a snug fit.

How are you shiipping these? or are you just hauling these things locally?

I'm making a cross country move (Florida to Oregon) sometime down the road and trying to figure out the logistic of moving my collection which looks to be similar in size to yours. Not sure if I trust sending all my records cross country via media mail.

I'm making a cross country move (Florida to Oregon) sometime down the road and trying to figure out the logistic of moving my collection which looks to be similar in size to yours. Not sure if I trust sending all my records cross country via media mail.

I moved from NJ to CA and packed them like the above but then wrapped them on a pallet and shipped with a freight company. Less individual handling and you can build the pallet yourself. Was about 300 records and I paid $250.

im moving about 6 hours north of where i am, but my hometown is only 2hours away. so i packed these all up in a uhaul and dropped them off at my mom's. i'll be moving them up north when i get a new residency. heavy as fuck!

Moving is a drag..

2d8eyjp.jpg

And it turns out records don't make a great work desk..

2d0mao6.jpg

Have some shit to do still but finally getting things together in new pad..

2qm290g.jpg

2ppy69i.jpg

How is that 5x5 Expedite working for you? Does it feel sturdy?

I have (2) 2x4 Expedites and want to move to something bigger but i'm a little nervous about the 5x5 based off all the pics i've seen online of them collapsing (particularly with vinyl). I have a feeling that most of the time the collapses have to do putting them together improperly and/or people pressing on the sides. Yours seem pretty packed though and seem to be holding up pretty well.

I have (2) 2x4 Expedites and want to move to something bigger but i'm a little nervous about the 5x5 based off all the pics i've seen online of them collapsing (particularly with vinyl). I have a feeling that most of the time the collapses have to do putting them together improperly and/or people pressing on the sides. Yours seem pretty packed though and seem to be holding up pretty well.

All of the pics of collapsed Expedits I've seen have been placed sideways. If done properly, I don't think there's much to worry about. (And if you are worried, you could always buy some braces and reinforce the joints)

My 5x5 is fine. Its not going anywhere when its full(weighs a ton) and if you build it right and put it the correct way standing up its not falling over or collapsing

I got mine at Target, but they appear to be the same thing.

I have these, 2 sets 3 high and 2 sets 2 high and no issues whats so ever. They are pretty loaded too, the 3 high ones have my turntable on one and my amp on the other and are still solid. I experienced no cracking or sagging. But then again I'm not moving them when they are full. Not sure why anyone would attempt that in the first place.

I used some brackets on the back to help reinforce it. Though it's only a 1x2, I felt like the safer I build it, the better.

• jhulud locked this topic