Post Your Record Storage Area

Has anyone tried these expedit inserts before?

[image]

They're only $5 each

Trying to find a solution so my lps arent in the sunlight. The wife likes to keep the blinds open in our shitty small apt and theres very limited wall space so the only place to for the expedit is near a windown that shines on them

[image]

They're only $5 each

Trying to find a solution so my lps arent in the sunlight. The wife likes to keep the blinds open in our shitty small apt and theres very limited wall space so the only place to for the expedit is near a windown that shines on them

I know these. They'll be grey within a day

[image]

They're only $5 each

I know these. They'll be grey within a day

Wordd, i can live with grey, are they sturdy enough?

what about when you have your speakers right near your table as well? i'd assume that'd be something of the same issue.

Yes this will cause vibrations, but the vibrations are easier to isolate. Say the speaker is resting on carpet, has spikes, on a stand filled with glass/sand, etc. The turntable would also be on another piece of furniture, so more dampening. If you had the table on a hardwood floor next to a speaker? Yeh, TONS of distortion.

There are many ways to help isolation (cork + rubber blocks, suspension furniture, etc). But simple things like not placing the turntable on any other piece of equipment is usually step 1.

cool thanks. right now i have my table on top of my receiver, between my speakers. i haven't noticed anything like that but i'm also not an audiophile of any kind :)

Until I figure something out and change my furniture in my room, these speakers will have to do.

[image]

does it bug anyone else to shit that gaslight's '59 sound spine text is upside down from practically every other record ever?

Oh my god yes. Why did they print it that way?!

And is someone worried about sunlight? That can't possibly do real damage to a record, can it?

does it bug anyone else to shit that gaslight's '59 sound spine text is upside down from practically every other record ever?

And is someone worried about sunlight? That can't possibly do real damage to a record, can it?

Its been fading the spines facing out so they look bleached out and you cant read the titles and spines facing in look like shit

I remember doing a double-take when putting the LP on my shelf hahaha it does bug me. But it's still a great record.

I remember doing a double-take when putting the LP on my shelf hahaha it does bug me. But it's still a great record.

so.. can't just flip the record for the sake of continuity? It's not as if anyone but you knows it's actually upside down. I have more than a few like this.

so.. can't just flip the record for the sake of continuity? It's not as if anyone but you knows it's actually upside down. I have more than a few like this.

I just flipped it over. I don't think I like it like that. I don't know why. I think it's better "wrong" in this case for some reason.

I've finally finished my basement. I was gonna do my home office downstairs, plus have a room just for my records (and do some cool bins like in a record store)...but when we found out that my wife was expecting our 2nd child, we decided to double the play room space for my daughter and soon to be born son. (family first!). So I combined my office and records!

I'm not done yet, I still need to reorganize a few things and hang my framed posters and records on the other walls (not pictured). But so far I do enjoy having my records in my office, I found myself working from home more often! :D

[image]

[image]

• jhulud locked this topic