Post Your Record Storage Area

This has been my favorite thread and I've been waiting years to post in it. I recently moved and here's the new digs. Three expedits in a tatami room.

[image]

[image]

I wish I had chosen black boxes for the 7"s. I initially just bought the boxes to move, I didn't imagine they would fit in an expedit. They came in black, white and cardboard and I went with cardboard.

[image]

Classy as hell. Well done, dude. Well done.

If they were cheap to ship, I'd make them for ya. I've made enough to house all of my records, still haven't got around to dividers, though I really need to as I've been selling off some doubles and I have to dig through so much to find them

thats fine, i found a really good and expirenced guy who could make me one. im just deciding my final measurements before making a payment.

How much are you paying? I work for a plastics company...

[image]

This is a very nice, very clean setup. Good job! I'd love to replicate something like that but I just have way too many records and not enough space in my apartment (I could open a damn record store at this point). I am just keeping expedits in my walk in closet and then tons of crates all over the damn the place for the time being. I would love to get a two bedroom apartment but they're too expensive out here...unless I settle on a rat hole (which will never happen).

I've finally finished my basement. I was gonna do my home office downstairs, plus have a room just for my records (and do some cool bins like in a record store)...but when we found out that my wife was expecting our 2nd child, we decided to double the play room space for my daughter and soon to be born son. (family first!). So I combined my office and records!

I'm not done yet, I still need to reorganize a few things and hang my framed posters and records on the other walls (not pictured). But so far I do enjoy having my records in my office, I found myself working from home more often! :D

Great looking room, love the displays, but now it may be time to invest a bit more into your playback system!

• 1 month later...

photo5-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

My 7"s fit perfectly in those little cardboard boxes you can pick up for a couple of bucks at Hobby Lobby. I was super lucky to find that shelf in the middle at a DAV for $60, it also had shelves that you could fit two rows of 7"s along instead of one row of LPs; but my collection became too large for that, even though it looked pretty sweet.

If anyone is interested in the dividers that I have been using, I actually pulled the idea from somebody else while searching for inexpensive plastic dividers. My buddy Chris runs a record shop here, so he gave me a bunch of junker vinyl for free; that plus Elmer's glue, and white vinyl letters, and you're good to go. Here are the original link for anybody that's interested.

http://www.lifehacke...beled-dividers/

If anyone is interested in the dividers that I have been using, I actually pulled the idea from somebody else while searching for inexpensive plastic dividers. My buddy Chris runs a record shop here, so he gave me a bunch of junker vinyl for free; that plus Elmer's glue, and white vinyl letters, and you're good to go. Here are the original link for anybody that's interested.

Love this idea. They actually have these at my local record shop. Quick question... just Elmer's white glue did the trick? I was thinking hot glue would be necessary but I don't have one of those things. Thanks for posting!

Excellent! I will definitely be doing this on my next day off.

• 2 weeks later...

Up until last week I had my speakers (Technics floor speakers) on either side of my bed and I realized I spend most of my time sitting on my bed either reading or putzing around on my computer, and I was in between the speakers, so it sounded terrible. I rearranged my room and now have all my records in one spot rather than all over the room wherever they fit. Actually, that's not true. I just looked up and noticed my 10" collection (~15 or 20 of them) is to the left of this picture on a dresser. But close enough. At least they're all on the same wall now.

2012-08-04_14-50-57_801.jpg

This has been my favorite thread and I've been waiting years to post in it. I recently moved and here's the new digs. Three expedits in a tatami room.

IMG_7469.jpg

IMG_7451.jpg

I wish I had chosen black boxes for the 7"s. I initially just bought the boxes to move, I didn't imagine they would fit in an expedit. They came in black, white and cardboard and I went with cardboard.

IMG_7453.jpg

Totally copied your idea. Thanks, it was about time I did some decorating.

• jhulud locked this topic