2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

You can pre order the far cry 3: blood dragon vinyl here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Far-Cry-Blood-Dragon-VINYL/dp/B00IX64F4A/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1397650716&sr=1-1&keywords=blood+dragon 

Pretty expensive though.

How can this even be pre ordered? I thought it was "forbidden" to sell RSD before hand.

I thought this bit of information would be helpful - the way that the ordering process has gone this year is different than any years previous for RSD.  Essentially the RSD Gods are picking and choosing what to send to each store regardless of how early they got their orders in this year.  Just a heads up that some of your go-to shops may not have the selection they've had in years past.

Plan 9 is usually ok. They have the most RSD stuff. I got their 30 min before open last year and their werent many people. Show up early and you should get what you want. Steady Sounds usually has some stuff as well as like 20% off all used vinyl plus they give out snacks to those in line (think it was doughnuts last year). Ill be hitting those two and Vinyl Conflict. Maybe Ill see ya there.

Thanks! Maybe I'll see you too! All depends if we decide to stay up there Friday night or drive up Saturday afternoon for the Chili Cook-off concert.

The experience at Bull Moose is among the worst

The "menu" approach sounds really intruiging. I've never experienced that but it sounds delightful and civilized, which is the kind of thing I'd like to see in my RSD experience since it's usually barbaric.

It's great. Crooked beat in DC uses this approach. They also have someone that comes through the line giving people the list ahead of time so they can expedite the process. It calms the fanatics down.

Philly people: what are your plans? Last year I waited in line at Long in the Tooth for two and a half hours only to find out the records I wanted were sold out (not making that mistake again), but then I went to Repo and AKA and found everything. The only thing I (well, my sister) want that's going to sell out for sure is the One Direction single, so where do you think I should start and how early should I get in line?

Start with the second one on your list bud. Play the odds.

Everything is definitely all shipped out by now. No where should be able to order more especially of something /500

true story here.   the place I was working didn't have this title, but the last day to ship anything out is today (pending on region) and something that limited i'm certain would have all ready been allocated to stores, almost immediately

I thought this bit of information would be helpful - the way that the ordering process has gone this year is different than any years previous for RSD.  Essentially the RSD Gods are picking and choosing what to send to each store regardless of how early they got their orders in this year.  Just a heads up that some of your go-to shops may not have the selection they've had in years past.

this is also partly true....it's still a mostly first come first served ordeal, but if you got an order in for say 25 of the Sunny Day Real Estate/Circa Survive split, you might not have gotten 25 more like 10 or so, to help equally distribute titles and to help spread as many RSD titles to as many shops as possible to let everybody in.

we finished packing/shipping yesterday, 194 items shipped....it was fucking madness

today, we get paid and a pizza and beer on Sony's tab (under the condition we listen to the new Ray Lamontagne and give verbal feedback...)

a921c194c4e911e38a040002c9dc90fc_8.jpg

Plan 9 is usually ok. They have the most RSD stuff. I got their 30 min before open last year and their werent many people. Show up early and you should get what you want. Steady Sounds usually has some stuff as well as like 20% off all used vinyl plus they give out snacks to those in line (think it was doughnuts last year). Ill be hitting those two and Vinyl Conflict. Maybe Ill see ya there.

Good, you guys go there and I'll go to Deep Groove so we're not competing with each other, haha! I gotta find that Cake box.