2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Seeing a lot of people referring to it as the Far Cry 3 soundtrack, which it is not. I assume people are just abbreviating the full title but just to be clear, it is the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon soundtrack.

That said, I doubt it is /300 as we got a few copies here and we are by no stretch of the imagination a high priority store.

Seeing a lot of people referring to it as the Far Cry 3 soundtrack, which it is not. I assume people are just abbreviating the full title but just to be clear, it is the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon soundtrack.

Pardon my abbreviation. Anyone reading that would be able to tell what I was talking about. If you really want to be a stickler, you could even get on people for not including the artist name. 

Pardon my abbreviation. Anyone reading that would be able to tell what I was talking about. If you really want to be a stickler, you could even get on people for not including the artist name. 

Not trying to be a dick about it, just making sure people are sure what they are looking for.

I think he just didn't want somebody to think it was the soundtrack for the full game when in reality it is a soundtrack of 80s music from a DLC pack, IIRC. Could save some people from being very disappointed/pleasantly surprised.

That said, I doubt it is /300 as we got a few copies here and we are by no stretch of the imagination a high priority store.

Speaking of Video Game soundtracks....I noticed that RSD Canada added the Assassin's Creed 4:  Black Flag 2LP.  DId your store get that?

Source:  https://www.facebook.com/RecordStoreDayCanada/photos/a.532621703427000.113936.522217624467408/720273547995147/?type=1&stream_ref=10

Speaking of Video Game soundtracks....I noticed that RSD Canada added the Assassin's Creed 4:  Black Flag 2LP.  DId your store get that?

Source:  https://www.facebook.com/RecordStoreDayCanada/photos/a.532621703427000.113936.522217624467408/720273547995147/?type=1&stream_ref=10

Ordered it but haven't gotten it in yet. Still many boxes to open though.

The store I'm going to this year literally can't hold that many people and is shaped like a U inside so and the RSD stuff is at the back of the U, so there is no other option than a single file line:)

I was wondering why this method hadn't been mentioned. This is how Shake It! in Cincinnati did theirs last year. Everyone enters in a single file line, gets one pass at the row full of RSD items, buys what they want and leaves, all while remaining in line. How does that not make the most sense?

An interesting read about one of my favourite stores in Toronto problems with RSD and why they aren't participating:

http://www.ilikegoodmusic.com/record-store-day-2014

good read. I don't expect RSD to be a smooth experience for everyone and every store, but allowing heavy involvement and allegiance to a large chain store in Canada seems to go against the intention of RSD.

An interesting read about one of my favourite stores in Toronto problems with RSD and why they aren't participating:

http://www.ilikegoodmusic.com/record-store-day-2014

Hmmm... I was actually planning on doing my shopping at Sunrise this year since the list Soundscapes posted doesn't have the records I want. The post makes Sunrise sound a little... unscrupulous. Maybe I'll check in with Sonic Boom first.

So here's a story. Last year I was third in line and there was a dude who got to the store at 3am (they opened at 8) all because the only thing he wanted was the DMB live box set. So right before they open, the owner comes out and explains that they only got one copy of it in and they decided to "hide it" in the store. Probably one of the most fucked up things ever. The guy luckily got it because the whole front of the line helped him out in looking for it, but they legit hid it in a dollar bin nowhere near the rest of the RSD stuff. 

So here's a story. Last year I was third in line and there was a dude who got to the store at 3am (they opened at 8) all because the only thing he wanted was the DMB live box set. So right before they open, the owner comes out and explains that they only got one copy of it in and they decided to "hide it" in the store. Probably one of the most fucked up things ever. The guy luckily got it because the whole front of the line helped him out in looking for it, but they legit hid it in a dollar bin nowhere near the rest of the RSD stuff. 

Shitty!