Albums (or Bands) You Are Embarrassed to Admit You Don't Get

dawhizz

• 1 month later...

I don't think I have ever met a single person who actually likes Bob Dylan. Feel free to prove me wrong, but he is notorious for having a voice that induces headaches.

Live at Budokan is a phenomenal live album. But when it comes to Dylan, he's a better writer than a performer. I love most covers of his songs.

As for me, here's the ones that really stick out:

Metallica, really it's only Lars I can't stand, but I'm not that into metal to begin with.

The only Led Zeppelin song I really like is Fool in the Rain.

Nirvana. I get what they did for music, just don't care. I did have an eye out for this year's RSD 7" but only for potential tradebait. No luck finding it tho.

Pink Floyd

KISS

AC/DC

There are so many bands that I've tried to like but to no avail: Pearl Jam and throw Nirvana in there too. Maybe you had to be there at their most popular. Watching Twenty helped some, listening to VS was enlightening, but overall just can't do it. They're such a fiercely loved band that I feel like it should be easier to enjoy them as a whole.

Pearl Jam and Soundgarden for sure. Everyone around me loves them, and I know a few songs, but can't stand most of it. Oh and Green Day, The Wonder Years and Blink-182. They all are heavy hitters in the Pop-Punk game, but I can't get behind any of them at all. I dont enjoy most Pop-Punk, but I've tried extensively for these and they stand out the most for me.

However "Cul-De-Sac" is a good Wonder Years song.

Nirvana, Pink Floyd, and The Beatles all immediately come to mind, for me. 
As far as more current stuff: The Black Keys, The National, and The Weeknd. 
Wouldn't say I'm embarrassed, though. I've given all of them a fair shot but it just hasn't clicked.  

Edit: Also, EDM. No particular artist.. Just. All of it.