BiAcuwpCQAE86XC.jpg

Patton Oswalt posted this on Twitter, from the first time we see the lawnmower man

NOTICE

KING

sold find...read somewhere that Pizzolatto was quoted saying that background of sets are specific, so if you see something like the above pic it's prbly on purpose

also - if that is the case, i'm REALLY crossing my fingers that if Marty and Rust "catch the bad guys" the crazy backwoods religion/cult doesn't continue on through Marty's daughter via showing her paintings as the spirals from the murder scenes. 

LmlOJdu.jpg

No spoilers in this article but some food for thought on The Yellow King. I'd say don't read if you want to still retain some surprise factor and what the finale may or may not reveal.

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/true-detective-after-youve-gone-recap

Pretty good article, but I don't buy the boat theory at all.

Glad I didn't watch.

A video that spoils the ending of the big reveal should be clearly labeled "WARNING -- SIGNIFICANT SPOILERS" or something similar if it's gonna be posted at all.

I'm out of here until Sunday. Don't want to read anyone elses response to that.

Yep, same here.  See everyone after Sunday night.

Pretty good article, but I don't buy the boat theory at all.

Interesting theory.

But just as easily as The Yellow King could be the name of the boat (and the more I think about it, the more that would be a stroke of genius. Sending us down the path looking for a person all season just to have the proper name given to an object, super common and an easy misdirect) Carcosa could be the name of a boat, instead of some secret ritual location site. The site could be the vessel itself.

Interesting theory.

But just as easily as The Yellow King could be the name of the boat (and the more I think about it, the more that would be a stroke of genius. Sending us down the path looking for a person all season just to have the proper name given to an object, super common and an easy misdirect) Carcosa could be the name of a boat, instead of some secret ritual location site. The site could be the vessel itself.

not that i agree that the boat is the yellow king, but carcosa being the vessel wouldn't make any sense. it's spoken almost specifically as a place, and the video showed them in the woods.

Yeah, if you remember when they go back and talk to Reggie's old cell mate he said that Reggie described a place in the woods with large stones. That is most certainly the place that they go to do these ritual killings. I still think Carcosa and the yellow king are all part of this religion that they preach. Kind of like god and heaven. They don't exist in reality, but they do exist spiritually. 

Everyone who has mentioned the Yellow King refers to them as if they are a person.  The guy in the interrogation room says that they didnt get the right guy and the Yellow King is still out there.  Charlie Lange says that Dora "met a king" and you don't usually "meet" inanimate objects.  Not saying the theory is  not plausible, just saying I don't buy it.

Lawnmower Man (or someone else) could be the "Yellow King" as he exists in the current story, which may or may not be a titled bestowed upon him. Doesn't mean he is the first, only or last. Also doesn't exclude the term from having a broader theological meaning. 

All three of us could be correct in this case!

Lawnmower Man (or someone else) could be the "Yellow King" as he exists in the current story, which may or may not be a titled bestowed upon him. Doesn't mean he is the first, only or last. Also doesn't exclude the term from having a broader theological meaning. 

All three of us could be correct in this case!

And someone could have also named a boat after him!