My Bloody Valentine-Loveless (Reproduction)

all the new euro copies surfacing now are German bootlegs.  I found a copy in my local record store for $25.  Sounds very good.  Volume is low, but the quality is nice.  For $25 it will hold me over until a proper official repress gets released.

How's the packaging in terms of the sleeve nice or cheap and flimsy? I'm really interested in this. Fantastic album. I'd really like to see this happen for The Replacements album Let It Be.

and they are bootlegs of the CD, so they probably aren't all that different from the Plain release that was out there years ago. 

I know the cost is prohibitive for most at this point, but I can't stress enough how good the original pressings of all of their albums and singles/EPs are... you're not doing yourselves any favors by listening to counterfeits. 

How's the packaging in terms of the sleeve nice or cheap and flimsy? I'm really interested in this. Fantastic album. I'd really like to see this happen for The Replacements album Let It Be.

packaging is OK.  standard sleeve, not super heavy, but not super cheap.  

and they are bootlegs of the CD, so they probably aren't all that different from the Plain release that was out there years ago. 

I know the cost is prohibitive for most at this point, but I can't stress enough how good the original pressings of all of their albums and singles/EPs are... you're not doing yourselves any favors by listening to counterfeits. 

I haven't heard the Plain repress, but from everything I've seen about it, it was complete shit.  I did read a bunch of comparisons and everyone seemed to agree this boot was much better than the Plain version.  I generally don't like supporting bootleggers, and I agree that the official version needs to happen and should be purchased.  That said, if folks find this for $20ish dollars, I don't think they are wasting their money.

I haven't heard the Plain repress, but from everything I've seen about it, it was complete shit.  I did read a bunch of comparisons and everyone seemed to agree this boot was much better than the Plain version.  I generally don't like supporting bootleggers, and I agree that the official version needs to happen and should be purchased.  That said, if folks find this for $20ish dollars, I don't think they are wasting their money.

i can live with this - thanks for sharing.

I mean, CD quality isn't bad, it's not like these are 96kpbs 22khz recordings haha

I've got the Plain 03 it's a great listen, this isn't some band that's hell bent on lead guitars where I need to hear 5 overdubbed leads that aren't even played live. Let go of the need for this ultra crisp smooth sound of the 2010s and enjoy the rawness of 90s recording technology at it's best even if it is a bootleg

This. I don't care how long it takes I'll wait, m b v sounded fucking perfect and I don't want to listen to anything subpar on vinyl from this band.

Very fair point.  But if we're being honest, I'm more likely to buy a $20 bootleg that sound fantastic, over a less-than-phenomenal vinyl package, CD, and FLAC rip for $50+.

Very fair point.  But if we're being honest, I'm more likely to buy a $20 bootleg that sound fantastic, over a less-than-phenomenal vinyl package, CD, and FLAC rip for $50+.

That's also a fair point haha. But after getting over the excitement of ordering that straight away it got easier to get it for less cash.

The Plain Records copy sounds like complete shit. I bought one new on Ebay a while back. Played it once and turned around a re-sold it. It sounded over compressed and completely lifeless. I got the newer German bootleg a few months ago, and it's leaps and bounds better sounding than the Plain Records. I'm not going to say I was blown away, but it's not bad. Between the '03 Loveless reissue and the Disco Volante they put out, I'll never even consider something by Plain Records again, and cannot recommend highly enough not to waste your money. If you have a copy of the Plain reissue, I recommend selling it on Ebay now while people are still paying stupid money for it.

I saw this at mississippi records in Portland when I was visiting. That was back at the beginning of Jan. They have 3 copies…The owner said it was a boot, and he did hear it sound just as good if not better than the plain press. I own the plain so I passed, and the fact I had already spent $250 on records on my trip…And not knowing much about it and having a similar press as the Plain, I walked away. The cover also was super thin and looked cheap overall…but I guess some here are saying it beats the Plain, so if thats true, oops

Its been around for a bit…so it will be one of those things that pops up here or there, and can be tracked down. They will keep pressing as demand is there! 

I have the '03 repress and one of these wandered into my local shop. I played it and I think my 03 repress sounds way better, but I wasn't doing a side by side comparison. 

That's funny, since the only 2003 presses were done through Plain records.  Which - according to anyone and everyone who's compared the two - sounds like balls in comparison to the Creation presses.  Which are what's being circulated right now.

That's funny, since the only 2003 presses were done through Plain records.  Which - according to anyone and everyone who's compared the two - sounds like balls in comparison to the Creation presses.  Which are what's being circulated right now.

I was so glad to have it, I'm a bit generous. I don't think it sounds awful. I haven't heard the original Creation press to compare. But what I played in the store recently, wherever from, didn't sound that good.

I have the Plain pressing and it sounds like ass. Buy it from me!

Haha

Just got my German bootleg in the mail, and despite the record being really quiet, it honestly sounds really good, at least way better than any digital recording I have heard of this. I got it for $30 shipped and it is definitely worth it, at least until an official release comes out.

Just got my German bootleg in the mail, and despite the record being really quiet, it honestly sounds really good, at least way better than any digital recording I have heard of this. I got it for $30 shipped and it is definitely worth it, at least until an official release comes out.

Nice, thanks for the update. I think I'm going to hop on that Creation repress until something legitimate is announced. And considering how elusive even the bootlegs can get, it'd probably be feasible to cover all costs of an actual repress by selling it, if that ever came to fruition.

• 10 months later...

So uh, apparently there has been a recent 2xLP Japanese pressing of this?

http://www.discogs.com/My-Bloody-Valentine-Loveless/release/6311914

There's not a lot of information about it, but Turntable Lab was selling it at one point. I'm sure it's a bootleg, as it has "bonus tracks," but I just placed an order for one and I'll report back on sound quality when it comes in.

Turntable Lab link: http://turntablelab.com/products/my-bloody-valentine-loveless-japanese-version-vinyl-2lp

So uh, apparently there has been a recent 2xLP Japanese pressing of this?

http://www.discogs.com/My-Bloody-Valentine-Loveless/release/6311914

There's not a lot of information about it, but Turntable Lab was selling it at one point. I'm sure it's a bootleg, as it has "bonus tracks," but I just placed an order for one and I'll report back on sound quality when it comes in.

Turntable Lab link: http://turntablelab.com/products/my-bloody-valentine-loveless-japanese-version-vinyl-2lp

I was just in ttl today and was eyeing this up. Bought two other LP's though, and didn't have the $40 to grab this.