THE GREAT DEBATE VOL. 2: Sandwich Edition

Someone should airmail me some taco john's so I can make an intelligent vote

I'm still surprised there isn't a Taco John's in Michigan.  I have some friends from there and they've never heard of it.

Unless it was at 2 am after a night of drinking, you haven't fully experienced it

I'm pretty sure Taco Bell is only good if you're either A : drunk or B : hungover.

Taco John's.

Last time I was in one was on the way to Sioux Falls, SD. Near Fairmont I went in to get takeout for the Mrs. and me since our two dogs were with us. All of a sudden the weather turns nasty, and there are tornado sirens going off with a scary as hell black/blue sky.

The manager instructs all the employees to take cover in the bathroom(unisex), and they allow us to bring the dogs in there, so about 7 of us and two weinerdogs are standing in there waiting it out. Thankfully the power didn't get knocked out, and 15 minutes later after the downpour ended we were on our way. Employees couldn't have been nicer.

TACO BELL.  Partly bc I've never been to the other two, but here's a cool story.

I used to drive my ex and his friends to Taco Bell once in a while during their lunch back in high school.  It was a bit of a trek, but we still went.  This one day we walked in and the manager was like "Sorry guys, we're not fully up and running yet for today because we were training new employees..." & We were like "Nooooooo" because they only get a 40 minute lunch and Taco Bell was an easy 15 minute ride each way.  But then the manager was like "SO all we have is this giant tub of practice burritos and tacos for the next hour or so, so take whatever you want, it's on the house." & We were like "Nooooo WAY!"

And everything was perfect.

I want to say Taco Bell. But the guy who always works at the one where I live always laughs when I pull up to the drive thru. Every time. I think the fact that I get beans instead of meat in my food is ridiculous to him.

When I lived in Minnesota Taco Bell was a 15 minute drive each way, and I once drove a very drunk friend there who started screaming into the drive through speaker for potato oles.