[RSD 2014: Request Thread]

Does anyone have the Johnny Cash release and would like to sell it, or seen it in any stores and want to pick it up for me?

The only thing my sister wanted was that release, and the only thing I wanted was the Pretty Lights release. She found PL for me at Grimey's in Nashville but didn't get the Johnny Cash. I feel bad that she got one for me and didn't get what she wanted so I was hoping to maybe return the favor and find this for her.

I passed on it since it seemed like a cash grab, but I've since learned the Creedence 10" is ALL MONO. Excellent sound quality. And white vinyl to boot. So if anyone spots one, I will gladly PP you cost + shipping. 

Didn't seem like a super rare item but I didn't spot it at all on Bullmoose, Amoeba, or 1234.

For all looking for those side by side records, wait a little and they start to be sold for reasonable prices. Right now there is a level of "false rare" and people are trying to ebay them or what have you. I found alot of the past years ones on ebay, used shops, people selling them on boards like this, etc.

Its not immediate gratification but still a way to get it.

^ Yes, what Twistedshabazz said. I paid too much for the Misfits/Lemonheads 7" last year and now I feel dumb when I see a bunch of copies still sitting around in stores, or selling for cheap on Discogs.

I have seen very few RSD items hold high value for long, especially more than one year. Unless it was the like flaming lips release that wayne coyne personally drove to specific shops to sell it and there were 100 total. I was in a local shop about a month ago and bought the atmosphere 7" from last years RSD for 2 bucks. It was still sealed and ha the store pricing on it, not used or anything. I remember seeing the same record during RSD bonanza go for 40+

^ Yes, what Twistedshabazz said. I paid too much for the Misfits/Lemonheads 7" last year and now I feel dumb when I see a bunch of copies still sitting around in stores, or selling for cheap on Discogs.

I'll never hit eBay for RSD items. I usually find everything I'm missing via online record stores over the following couple days after RSD. No different this year.

Stopped at a store i didnt know was takig part in RSD. Had a decent amount of leftovers. They had 5 childish gambinos. Apparently never sold one. Frieghtened rabbit, yardbirds, opeth, folk boxset, pinback among others.

Its weird seeing what sells like hotcakes at some stores and not at others.

Which shop was this? 720? I always forget they exist.