The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation out May 14th

I will be there tomorrow at the opening (hopefully).  Can't guarantee anyone a record or anything like that (sorry I really want one and I'm not sure what the line will be like, plus it seems like they're serious about one per person) but anything else anyone is looking for let me know.

Also have tickets to the show tomorrow, Thursday and Friday so I could probably snag something late in the week if people are still looking.

My initial reaction when listening to this album was "man this is nothing like the upsides it has nothing that I relate to", but the more I listen to it I do find stuff to relate, specific lines and the such, but not entire songs. That's my problem with this album, I can't relate to the entire thing like I can with Suburbia and The Upsides. Honestly its because I'm at a different place in my life than I was during those albums and clearly in a different place in my life than the band, which is a bummer but it had to happen at some time.

I went to the Chicago show in the '24 hours' and didn't get the variant because sons of bitches were cutting in line outside and on the way to the merch booth. My friend also said there wasn't a limit on how many someone could buy. I was 6 people away and some jerk off bought 3 copies because the guy in front of him bought three copies. I guess I'll just have to settle for the hot topic variant. If anyone had an extra from the Chicago show I'd totally buy it off them. Show was great, especially for being at 10am. Would have expected some jetlag but I was pleasantly surprised. And Mixtapes was awesome!

My initial reaction when listening to this album was "man this is nothing like the upsides it has nothing that I relate to", but the more I listen to it I do find stuff to relate, specific lines and the such, but not entire songs. That's my problem with this album, I can't relate to the entire thing like I can with Suburbia and The Upsides. Honestly its because I'm at a different place in my life than I was during those albums and clearly in a different place in my life than the band, which is a bummer but it had to happen at some time.

I was late and never got into the previous 2 albums. I've tried, I like the music, but I can't relate to anything these guys do lyrically. Them or any other band lost in their 20's.  

Relating to the lyrics is the last thing I'm concerned about. I just think the songwriting and production is top-notch. And that last track is killer. I love the idea of those reprises for this album. It seems very fitting.

yup. lyrically i've never really connected to much of what i listen to but the songwriting on this is fantastic

Pop Up shop variant is just like the record releases except using a salmon(?) type color and just says Pop Up Shop Exclusive. Will Post pictures later if I get the chance.

Also, managed to pick up a Hank the Pigeon plushie so that was pretty cool.

Meh. Still kinda cool with having a neat cover.

The plush sounds rad. They werent on the pop up shop site last time I was on it. Bummer :(

I really regret not pre ordering the package with ALL of the 7"s. I'm loving this record WAY more than I expected and Dismantling Summer is my favorite track off it. I only bought the one that came with one random 7". Would anyone be down to sell me/trade me for the rest of them or just one of them, when we find out which ones we got?

Here's what I have to trade: http://deadformat.net/tradelist/p1zzaforbreakfast

Message me if you're interested!