What's your White Whale record?

^^^^^ This post just reminded me. If I see a record at standard retail and don't buy it...then the prices shoot up, 90% of the time I won't pay the extra to get one later. It sounds stupid, but I hate passing on the chance and then paying extra because of this.

I'm the exact same way. If I see something for real low, then I try to hold out until I see it at a cheaper price again. I saw a copy of 'From the Depth of Dreams' by Senses Fail for $12 about 3 years ago and passed on it. Now I refuse to pay such ridiculous prices. Oh welllllll

What's worse is buying a record at retail price, selling it, then regretting it once the record shoots up in price. I'd love a copy of ETID's "Gutter Phenomenon" but there's no way I'm paying fifty bucks for it. I've decided to only buy used records if they're cheap because I'll just listen to the mp3's if I wanna listen to it. Plus, I'd much rather buy new records to support the labels/artists than some schmuck on ebay.

White Whale I own — Samhain's Unholy Passion on red translucent vinyl. 500 pressed in 1986. Got mine signed by Glenn at the reunion shows this past October.

TPBifwe.jpg

White Whale I want – Samhain's November Coming Fire on translucent orange vinyl. Also only 500 pressed in 1986.

FiRpJMu.jpg

One day.

I made this year the year of saying fuck it and buying my white whales when I could get a good price on ebay. Out of the 5 or 6 records I had on my list I got half of them

Got:

Beck - Mutations

Tom Waits - Bone Machine (Original EU press, not the boot)

U2 - Zooropa (Original, not a Brazilian Bootleg)

Still need

Neil Young - Broken Arrow (Completes my NY collection)

Aphex Twin - Drukqs

NIN - The Fragile

I have a feeling 2 of those 3 will be reissued in the next couple years (prob not NY), so I'll wait.

Having this quoted to me a month later was like having a scab ripped off. I've been jamming M&TM a lot lately.

Bladie, you reminded me to tell you that I almost have all the DOOM stuff that is on my "must own" list now. Just missing King Geesorah - Take Me to Your Leader which I'm gonna grab after Christmas! I'll IG you a photo of the collection soon since you dig him :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I got mine. Rapider Than Horsepower's elusive final album, "What's Our Visibility?," released by Fuck It Tapes and limited to 100. Someone unearthed a Rapider tour CD a little over a year ago which had this album but several of the songs have different mixes on the tape (one of which being a completely different recording).

http://instagram.com/p/xnl3-SEyuq/?modal=true