What's your White Whale record?

Been a good month...

• Deftones 'Red Pony', after several weeks of negotiation finally have this in my hands!
  • Maylene and the Sons of Disaster II, clear w/ red splatter /200 (oh when will they press the whole catalog?)
And on a side note, not quite a 'white whale', but also got a sealed Beastie Boys Anthology for $80 at one of the local record shops. It's like they had it sitting in the back for 15 years, blew the dust off and put it up for sale.

Next white whales, Converge- Axe to Fall (shards), and Dillinger Escape plan - Ire Works, clear (band and friends edition)

I so badly want all the Maylene releases but I won't pay shitty prices for em. Easily the highlight of the southern hardcore/metal genre.

Been a good month...

• Deftones 'Red Pony', after several weeks of negotiation finally have this in my hands!
  • Maylene and the Sons of Disaster II, clear w/ red splatter /200 (oh when will they press the whole catalog?)
And on a side note, not quite a 'white whale', but also got a sealed Beastie Boys Anthology for $80 at one of the local record shops. It's like they had it sitting in the back for 15 years, blew the dust off and put it up for sale.

Next white whales, Converge- Axe to Fall (shards), and Dillinger Escape plan - Ire Works, clear (band and friends edition)

Ugh I've been looking for that MATSOD forever! Congrats man!

• 1 month later...

Finally crossed another off my list!

Mollly McGuire - Lime on HitIt! Records back in 1996

It's not super expensive but in the last couple years it's been on eBay 4 times and discogs once.

http://www.popsike.com/php/m-quicksearch.php?searchtext=Molly+McGuire+lime&incldescr=&sortord=&pagenum=

I had even been talking to the lead singer of the band seeing if he knew of anywhere I could find one. He told me that back in the late 90's the owner of HitIt! Actually threw away a ton of vinyl copies of this and the other MM album because he thought he'd never sell them. Crazy how the world changes.

I remember finding this on ebay when I first started collecting and thinking it was a bit rich at something like $70

So much regret not grabbing it, and have never seen it again

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/130469053899/Set_Your_Goals_MUTINY_TREASURE_CHEST15_new_found_glory

For those not wanting to click SYG - mutiny treasure chest 1/5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...