PO: Such Gold - The New Sidewalk

thejesseb

This whole thing is a mess, Razor & Tie does an awful job here. 

song is...rough, I guess. new Such Gold always has to grow on me, always end up enjoying it more than I did. Intrigued that Bill Stevenson produced the record, he does great work. The art makes me think of Tool. IE, not a fan. 

Didn't the main wiritin guitarist leave the band?

No, pretty much the opposite of this actually.  Ben always wrote the songs and would have the other guys play them.  Now, since the departure he is actually playing guitar himself.

The thing that strikes me the most obvious is the absence of Devan. Such Gold for me usually is very dynamic as far as percussion. Bummed. 

Matt Covey is a great drummer and has credentials to prove it.  Devan was good though, but I'll never forget when he fucked up the last song on their Audiotree live performance by going into the wrong part of the song.  ^_^

am i listening to the same song!? i think this track is absolutely amazing, some of the most organic playing and fluid structures this band has put out. the album art is different, yes, but would you rather it be something typical?  people are so quick to dismiss this band and put them in a bottle with bands that arent at all the same. ive loved this band since i first heard them years ago and am honestly so thankful they've stuck it out for another LP.

went for the blue starburst (?), im hoping it will look like that third press hotelier variant, and that the yellow one will be similar to the cayetana starburst.