2016 Vinyl Predictions

crosley sales will be at an all time high, "crate digging" will be the oxford dictionary word of the year, record store day will feature $39.99 barbera striesand reissues, thousands of dads on instagram will post about how cool they think their kids are for getting back into old lps, the online sale of vinyl records will become illegal in favor of brick and mortar shops, shopradiocast will reissue the entire mushroomhead catalog on cassette, and by the end of the year, "sleeping with sirens vinyIs" will be on every teenage girls christmas wishlist. the end.

Naaaaaailed it

I thought this could be a fun topic. Not really as much of a "wishlist" as much of a "what you think is actually possible based on trends" topic -- We can then look back and gloat that we were right

I think, in 2016...

Gorillaz - Demon Days will be repressed by MOV

The Killers - Hot Fuss will get a repress

Taylor Swift Fearless and Self/Titled will get their first vinyl pressings

Freelance Whales - Weathervanes will get a repress

Shpongle will have a box-set come out with all of their albums on vinyl

Telefon Tel Aviv - Fahrenheit Far Enough will get a repress

Pink Floyd will get a discography box set much like The Beatles' one

Jack White will make no less than 3 zany gimmick records

I hope you're right about the Freelance Whales repress. I used to talk to their old bassist on Twitter all the time and she said a repress was coming soon but that was right after Diluvia came out. It's beyond time.

Pink Floyd will get a discography box set much like The Beatles' one

I was just thinking the other day how awesome a Pink Floyd box would be.  It would be something I would probably go for, even though I already own almost all of their albums.  I bet it will happen at some point.  With 15 studio albums it will probably $500+ I would imagine.

I love this thread.

-Everyone who balked at the price of the Converge LP/blu-ray box will shed tears when the unboxing videos hit the web next month.

-Factory25 will continue to list the Spiritualized 'Live At Union Chapel' LP/dvd set as 'in production' until 2017, as they have since 2013.

-The Body will have 7 different releases spread out over the course of the year, beating Thou's 6, but still short of Bob Pollard's 11.

-Stores will continue to have a sad, lonely, 'RSD releases' section of all the horrid overpriced reissues that absolutely no one wants all year.