PO Converge - You Fail Me - 10 year Aniversary NOW

Haha, it was just a timing thing. Nothing that was really intentional by any means. At that point in my life, I got turned on to jambands and just fell out of heavy music for a while. I was getting sick of screaming and was discovering something new. Hell, it was only like a year or two ago that I finally got around to checking out the albums that Isis had put out following Oceanic. Which I'm very thankful to have done!

Well I'm glad you checked out the other Isis stuff, as they are one of my favorite bands.

Well I'm glad you checked out the other Isis stuff, as they are one of my favorite bands.

Oh yeah dude, I've been listening to Isis since I was in fucking middle school probably; whenever Napster was still going. Maybe 9th grade. Some tracks off Celestial and the Mosquito Control EP were up there, I remember getting CFT, Collapse and Crush, Life Under The Swatter, Hive Destruction... all that shit. And then fucking Oceanic came out and I picked that up and it was like ::::EXPLOSION:::: Everything fucking changed.

Probably my most-listened-to record of my life, Oceanic. Followed by Animals by Pink Floyd, probably.

But yeah, once I really got into post-rock I went back and started digging through the post-Oceanic Isis material, and was like "holy shit, they still fucking killed."

One of my all-time favorite bands, ever. Isis is so fucking good.

Converge is good too.

I still can not belive that I'm going to see Converge playing Jane Doe live in its entirely for the first and last time ever at Roadburn in April.

I'm also very exited to see the Blood Moon project where they will collaborate with artists like Chelsea Wolfe, Ben Chrisholm, Steven Brodsky and Steve Von Till. Together, as a multi-instrumental group, they will reinterpretate Converge material.

Converge is one of those bands that has perfectly aged with me. When You Fail Me came out, it was everything 20 year old me wanted. But now, I find myself listening to Axe to Fall and AWLWLB more than anything. I can't wait for the new version, and wish I hadn't sold my screen printed version.

it's always interesting to me to see what era of material people are drawn to. I'm a bit older than you, so my idea of Converge will FOREVER and ALWAYS be "The Saddest Day" and all that early material off of Petitioning and When Forever Comes Crashing.

I still remember when people were telling me about Converge and "The Saddest Day" on like, maybe it was this Korn message board I was on in middle school or something, or a guitar forum... I can't quite remember. But I downloaded that track from Napster and it just changed EVERYTHING. It's still probably the heaviest song ever. And they don't even tune down!

It's funny because my uncle took me to see them for my first time when I was 16, right after Jane Doe came out. He had to work the door guards because he wasn't my parent and I was so young, and it was a Converge show... lol. However, he has stories of seeing them in basements in Boston and whatnot with Coalesce, One King Down, Gorilla Biscuits, etc etc.

He gave me Jane Doe for Christmas when it came out, and sadly I do not have that copy any more. Really bummed about that.