Pre-order now: TWIABP - Formlessness Remastered and Recrecorded + Live on KEXP

18 hours ago, hammertime said:

Apparently I got the limited "dipped in sand before being placed in the sleeve" variant.  Lucky me!

I didn't have that problem with either of my records.

But that reminds me, though. A while back I got a record from Count Your Lucky Stars that felt and sounded like it was coated with sand. 

That was the only time I think I've ever had that issue. And I was able to get it cleaned and put in a new sleeve anyway.

Edited by Bakalars
I forgot a few words and it didn't make sense.

5 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Were any of these haze variants? Those are the only sandy variants I know of

My KEXP felt sandy, but it was pressed on an olive green color.  Listening now and it sounds really good.  No haze for Formlessness.  They just pressed splits and splatters for that one in addition to the standard black.

On 3/6/2017 at 11:49 PM, MCDELTAT said:

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but this is potentially cool. Say 10 records will be releasing a 7" of Body Without Organs "…as part of their series." 

This looks like a flexi series, that's kind a bummer.  At least proceeds are going to charities. The first release is from Samiam: http://www.say-10.com/store/samiam-flexi-7/

15 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

This looks like a flexi series, that's kind a bummer.  At least proceeds are going to charities. The first release is from Samiam: http://www.say-10.com/store/samiam-flexi-7/

indeed I know its a different label but my 4-way split with fat heaven skips, I hate flexis

3 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

indeed I know its a different label but my 4-way split with fat heaven skips, I hate flexis

Really? My Sundae Bloody Sunday is fine. I think it's really just a random toss up on Cartridges really. And It's kinda inevitable at this point. Vinyl just takes to long to make right now. I know a lot of smaller labels that prefer to sell lathes simply because they can't spread their money that thin, waiting 6 months+ to turn a profit on their 'investment'.

5 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Really? My Sundae Bloody Sunday is fine. I think it's really just a random toss up on Cartridges really. And It's kinda inevitable at this point. Vinyl just takes to long to make right now. I know a lot of smaller labels that prefer to sell lathes simply because they can't spread their money that thin, waiting 6 months+ to turn a profit on their 'investment'.

yeah, cleaned it and everything its a bummer. My 2M red does not like it apparently. I get why they do it, but I still hate it

• 3 months later...
44 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

I don't think I got mine either.

and I think there was an LP I never got too.

(maybe the live KEXP one.)

I've tried emailing Howard and Dave, and just yesterday I sent them a message on Bandcamp. I'm considering messaging Nicole on Facebook or instagram. Just want my money back at this moment lol.

EDIT: Just messaged her on facebook.

Edited by JnthnKlngvll

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Genuine question I'm asking without trying to be facetious: is this band good anymore?  Is LP3 worth getting hyped on?  How similar is their current sound or lineup these days, compared to their last 2 albums?

can't speak on sound but as far as I know losing Derrick/Danielle/D (whatever they go by these days as to not offend anyone) is the only main change from the last album but someone who follows them closely might have insight. I honestly dunno if I'm going to hop on this one, not just cause of all the fallout but will this band be good without one of the main songwriters? Maybe I'm overstating their importance, but the song on the sorority noise split was kind of meh (I know D was still in the band for it) and I'm looking forward to the one hundred year ocean album much more

Edited by NapalmBrain

I will say that it is my favorite album from the band of course I might be biased but I've listened to it at least once a day ever since I got the masters back. There are songs that sound similar to past TWIABP (7 minute long epics) and some that are fast energetic bangers (2 1/2 minute in your face). The lyrics on this album are next level. David has really come into his own. Also Chris Teti production is getting better with every album.  Just give it a chance and I promise you won't be let down. It didn't even have to grow on me it was completely instant just like harmlessness