Reshiram454

Pre-order now: TWIABP - Formlessness Remastered and Recrecorded + Live on KEXP

218 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, hammertime said:

Apparently I got the limited "dipped in sand before being placed in the sleeve" variant.  Lucky me!

I didn't have that problem with either of my records.

But that reminds me, though. A while back I got a record from Count Your Lucky Stars that felt and sounded like it was coated with sand. 

That was the only time I think I've ever had that issue. And I was able to get it cleaned and put in a new sleeve anyway.

Edited by Bakalars
I forgot a few words and it didn't make sense.

5 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Were any of these haze variants? Those are the only sandy variants I know of

My KEXP felt sandy, but it was pressed on an olive green color.  Listening now and it sounds really good.  No haze for Formlessness.  They just pressed splits and splatters for that one in addition to the standard black.

NapalmBrain likes this

On 3/6/2017 at 11:49 PM, MCDELTAT said:

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but this is potentially cool. Say 10 records will be releasing a 7" of Body Without Organs "…as part of their series." 

This looks like a flexi series, that's kind a bummer.  At least proceeds are going to charities. The first release is from Samiam: http://www.say-10.com/store/samiam-flexi-7/

3 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

indeed I know its a different label but my 4-way split with fat heaven skips, I hate flexis

Really? My Sundae Bloody Sunday is fine. I think it's really just a random toss up on Cartridges really. And It's kinda inevitable at this point. Vinyl just takes to long to make right now. I know a lot of smaller labels that prefer to sell lathes simply because they can't spread their money that thin, waiting 6 months+ to turn a profit on their 'investment'.

5 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Really? My Sundae Bloody Sunday is fine. I think it's really just a random toss up on Cartridges really. And It's kinda inevitable at this point. Vinyl just takes to long to make right now. I know a lot of smaller labels that prefer to sell lathes simply because they can't spread their money that thin, waiting 6 months+ to turn a profit on their 'investment'.

yeah, cleaned it and everything its a bummer. My 2M red does not like it apparently. I get why they do it, but I still hate it