Sorority Noise - You're Not As ______ As You Think

On 3/29/2017 at 8:37 PM, Saxonjulin said:

A horrible tick through all of side one. I even cleaned it on my VPI. It's a flaw in the press

No issues on my copy...I'm guessing you just got a flawed copy. Bummer for you, obviously, but not an overall pressing error.

In other news, this is officially the first SN album I've actually enjoyed listening to. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is bullshit. Nicole from twiabp is spinning right of this earth and has 0  credibility. Fuck these false accusations. Cam is a genuine human being and Nicole is just grasping at straws trying to be relevant again and now have 0 respect for her and support her being kicked out of twiabp for being emotionally abbusive to Katie. Baseless accusations

17 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

This is bullshit. Nicole from twiabp is spinning right of this earth and has 0  credibility. Fuck these false accusations. Cam is a genuine human being and Nicole is just grasping at straws trying to be relevant again and now have 0 respect for her and support her being kicked out of twiabp for being emotionally abbusive to Katie. Baseless accusations

But someone has come forward and said this thing did happen to them...

7 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

But someone has come forward and said this thing did happen to them...

Did you read the article? Consent for sex that night twice and she claims later she did not give consent for a third time later that night. That can be a little confusing for anyone. By the way this is worse case scenario according to the accuser. Cam denies all of it. 

Edited by Saxonjulin

1 minute ago, Saxonjulin said:

Did you read the article? Consent for sex that night twice and she claims later she did not give consent for a third time later that night. That can be a little confusing for anyone

I’m not saying it’s not a confusing situation and it certainly could happen to anyone but the girl was asleep and he started having sex with her and she says she was raped.  Consenting to sex once, twice, one hundred times is not the same thing as consenting every time. I don’t think Cam thought he wasn’t doing anything wrong but that doesn’t make it right. Now this friend of Nicole does say that she did not want this brought into the public eye so in that sense of things she certainly did fuck up.

33 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

Did you read the article? Consent for sex that night twice and she claims later she did not give consent for a third time later that night. That can be a little confusing for anyone. By the way this is worse case scenario according to the accuser. Cam denies all of it. 

Lol at thinking that since someone consented once before they must be consenting every time. 

29 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

Fucking someone doesn't give them unlimited access to your body. He penetrated her without permission and without a condom. It doesn't matter what you're doing or what you've already done, that's rape. He may not have KNOWN that what he did was rape until these allegations surfaced but that's the most benefit of the doubt I'm gonna give him.

9 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Fucking someone doesn't give them unlimited access to your body. He penetrated her without permission and without a condom. It doesn't matter what you're doing or what you've already done, that's rape. He may not have KNOWN that what he did was rape until these allegations surfaced but that's the most benefit of the doubt I'm gonna give him.

Even if he denied it? Since when did innocent until proven guilty stop being a thing. I'll wait till facts prove he is a rapist before I start believing a emotionally abusive bitter ex twiabp band member. Nicole makes me sick

Edited by Saxonjulin

12 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

Even if he denied it? Since when did innocent until proven guilty stop being a thing. I'll wait till facts prove he is a rapist before I start believing a emotionally abusive bitter ex twiabp band member. Nicole makes me sick

Can denied it before the detailed allegation came out. 

What makes me sick is everyone dragging Nicole through the mud over this. It was shitty of her to speak for the victim without permission, but that's not what anyone is focusing on. Nicole made and deleted a post that someone screen capped and put up in Reddit where this exploded. Then THE VICTIM came forward, so any of this "I don't believe Nicole" stuff is irrelevant. I think Cam's silence now might indicate that he is just now realizing what he did and trying to process it.

Also, no one is bringing him up on criminal charges, so innocent until proven guilty means nothing. 

12 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

I'm not a psychiatrist, but based on the way Nicole has been acting for over a year now, I'd think it is safe to say that she is sick mentally.  Crucifying her over every little thing (this is not little, but in the past she's shown a pattern) is a little bit harsh.  I wish she would (maybe she already is) seek help for some of her issues because she's digging herself a deep hole.  If anybody knows her personally, it is beyond time to ask her to seek help.

I know, as somebody with a severe mental illness, it is hard to get out of the sickness.  There are times when I act in a way that is detrimental to everyone around me and during these times I need people around me to sort of babysit me.  Maybe she needs the same.

9 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

I'm not a psychiatrist, but based on the way Nicole has been acting for over a year now, I'd think it is safe to say that she is sick mentally.  Crucifying her over every little thing (this is not little, but in the past she's shown a pattern) is a little bit harsh.  I wish she would (maybe she already is) seek help for some of her issues because she's digging herself a deep hole.  If anybody knows her personally, it is beyond time to ask her to seek help.

I know, as somebody with a severe mental illness, it is hard to get out of the sickness.  There are times when I act in a way that is detrimental to everyone around me and during these times I need people around me to sort of babysit me.  Maybe she needs the same.

I agree with most of this but Nicole being mentally sick or not needs to be held accountable for her "self destructive I'll go down with the ship and see how many people i can take with me" actions

51 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

I agree with most of this but Nicole being mentally sick or not needs to be held accountable for her "self destructive I'll go down with the ship and see how many people i can take with me" actions

It isn't self destructive to tattle on rapists though. I don't see why you're angry at the whistleblower.

8 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

It isn't self destructive to tattle on rapists though. I don't see why you're angry at the whistleblower.

I checked r/emo for the first time because of this. It's a bunch of dudebro children saying "That's not rape" and talking shit about Nicole. They're doubling down on victim blaming/shaming with some "Well let's kill the messanger too because she is also bad." A lot of shitty lashing out because they don't want the band they like to be "blacklisted" and a lot of them don't want to confront the fact that they too have probably done some rapey shit. Horrible situations like this should be used to edcuate people about consent.

Not saying that's where the poster you're quoting is coming from, but I've seen a lot of this shit across several platforms and it's disgusting. Nicole deleted all of her social media last night and given how she's been doing lately I'm a little worried for her.