P.O. Now: Lydia - Illuminate (15th Anniversary)

thats the mentality that they want and will keep it going.

'just glad it happened' '

no. that should never be said about a pressing.

ppl are just settling because 'its nice to have on wax'

why? it ends up sounding shittier. rushed job to keep us kids pacified.

ugh.

Yeah, it being nice to have on wax is reason enough for me to hold onto it until Lydia presses it theirselves, but no reason to miss out on the ultimately better pressing. I honestly ordered the thing having no idea about SRC's rep. In hindsight, I probably wouldn't have gotten this pressing.

I kinda wish Lydia would've communicated more to us, though.

Yeah, it being nice to have on wax is reason enough for me to hold onto it until Lydia presses it theirselves, but no reason to miss out on the ultimately better pressing. I honestly ordered the thing having no idea about SRC's rep. In hindsight, I probably wouldn't have gotten this pressing.

I kinda wish Lydia would've communicated more to us, though.

i keep telling their management to SPEAK UP. src is essentially stealing from them (at least potential sales)

Agreed. I will regret this purchase later, when I buy the other. But, for now, it's whatever. At least I've got it and no unfortunate circumstances can change that now.

On the same hand, had their management spoken up and said what you pasted above, there's no way I would have bought this and I'd be patiently waiting excitedly for Lydia's pressing.

But, whatcha gonna do when everything has already been shipped.

My black and blue copies came in today. They look perfect; no damage, beautiful jackets and inserts. I haven't listened but I am bummed to hear about the gaps between songs but for the most part, I don't regret buying them. I'll also buy a copy from the band I'm sure. I just hope their packaging is 1080p also.

My black and blue copies came in today. They look perfect; no damage, beautiful jackets and inserts. I haven't listened but I am bummed to hear about the gaps between songs but for the most part, I don't regret buying them. I'll also buy a copy from the band I'm sure. I just hope their packaging is 1080p also.

I do agree the jacket and insert are pretty sweet. I hope Lydia's pressing will have a full-art sleeve. So much potential with the artwork for this album.

I do agree the jacket and insert are pretty sweet. I hope Lydia's pressing will have a full-art sleeve. So much potential with the artwork for this album.

I figure if the packaging isn't as good on their copies or they show up damaged I'll just switch it over to one of the SRC jackets. But I just listened through the A-side on the album and it sounds pretty great to me. Yes, there are minimal gaps that are more noticeable between some songs than others but it's nitpicky. I'm totally happy with it for the most part. 

It's hard to feel bad for a band when they don't make information public. If this was me, I'd make sure everyone knew what was going on... Not just the few people who emailed me about it. It'd be a huge public outing.

yea seriously.  As much as I hate ordering from SRC, what are my options when it looks like they are the only ones selling an album I love? Either give them my money or not own the album.   Wish the band made it public knowledge that the SRC pressing was not theirs and they have their own coming.   I think from now on if SRC has an exclusive release, I guess I'm just not going to own the album until it becomes available elsewhere. 

I figure if the packaging isn't as good on their copies or they show up damaged I'll just switch it over to one of the SRC jackets. But I just listened through the A-side on the album and it sounds pretty great to me. Yes, there are minimal gaps that are more noticeable between some songs than others but it's nitpicky. I'm totally happy with it for the most part.

Like I said earlier, I found it more noticeable on the B side.

It will always amaze me how impatient people are nowadays. Instant gratification is all the rage in this hobby.

So glad I read through this whole thread before breaking my "avoid SRC as much as possible" rule. I'll stick with waiting until the band/label does their thing. I'd love nothing more than to give them my money direct.

• tokimedo changed the title to P.O. Now: Lydia - Illuminate (15th Anniversary)