P.O. Now: Lydia - Illuminate (15th Anniversary)

ITT: Stockholm syndrome.

you can call it what you will, but it is what it is. nothing's going to change, so I don't see the point of getting bent out of shape over it. how many pages worth of whiny posts do you think have been posted on this board? labels still make empty promises. releases still get delayed. prices still keep going up. at the end of the day, all that I care about is that I get the item that I paid for in a reasonably timely manner. things rarely go as they're projected and there's no accountability for poor service. people will still buy anything if it's a release they want to have on vinyl. in the meantime, if I want to listen to 'illuminate' right now, I've got it on my ipod.

you can call it what you will, but it is what it is.

I don't really know what this means, but it sounds like a pretty broad and variable statement.  I think I agree with it?

nothing's going to change, so I don't see the point of getting bent out of shape over it. how many pages worth of whiny posts do you think have been posted on this board? labels still make empty promises. releases still get delayed. prices still keep going up. at the end of the day, all that I care about is that I get the item that I paid for in a reasonably timely manner. things rarely go as they're projected and there's no accountability for poor service. people will still buy anything if it's a release they want to have on vinyl. in the meantime, if I want to listen to 'illuminate' right now, I've got it on my ipod.

I wouldn't really say I'm "bent out of shape" so much.  Just observing that SRC has - yet again - jumped the gun and left themselves with egg on their face.  It seems to happen so regularly that it's almost become expected or tolerable at this point, and I personally think that's embarrassing.  The way they handle pre-orders seems equivocal to obnoxious "FIRST!" posts.  To me, anyway.  But, hey; what's a little humility in the face of PRE-ORDER$?

haha well I figured you weren't bent out of shape. my point was only that nothing will ever change. if it's a release you want, you'll order it. if SRC came out right now with a repress of sigur ros 'takk' and they were the only place you could purchase it, you can't tell me that you wouldn't--you would buy it in a heartbeat. it's a pleasant surprise when things I preorder come as scheduled, but that's rarely the case, SRC or not.

Leighton was so weird when I met him. I handed him The Cinema album and a bronze sharpie and he asked me 5 times if he wanted the to sign it with that marker. Then he handed the record to someone else in the band and the guy was like "I'm not signing this, it's yours" and it was just so awkward.

Leighton was so weird when I met him. I handed him The Cinema album and a bronze sharpie and he asked me 5 times if he wanted the to sign it with that marker. Then he handed the record to someone else in the band and the guy was like "I'm not signing this, it's yours" and it was just so awkward.

I saw them last night and the whole band looked like they were drinking the same juice lol

last two times i saw Lydia, he was so drunk.  I decided to pass on the last tour to avoid more disappointment.  Also, he always pulls away from the microphone while singing and it kills his performance. like every.single.word he pulls away from the mic. it's insanely stupid and it sounds really bad.

i had a friend at the show last night and she said the early November killed it!!! but lydia was disappointing and the singer looked faded.  still stoked to own this record but really glad I got to catch this band live back in the day when all they got was stellar reviews from their performances and Mindy was still in the band.  I never really moved past this release. 

I've seen Lydia live twice after Illuminate came out.  The first show was amazing.  It was in this tiny room, very intimate.  Whole band was there, including Mindy. Then I saw them again when they were opening for a bigger band in an actual venue.  They had just released this acoustic EP that they recorded in a hotel room or something.  And they did the show in that acoustic style.  They were terrible.  It sounded like they were just soundchecking the whole time.  They were just winging it. It was the worst thing I have ever seen.

i had a friend at the show last night and she said the early November killed it!!! but lydia was disappointing and the singer looked faded. still stoked to own this record but really glad I got to catch this band live back in the day when all they got was stellar reviews from their performances and Mindy was still in the band. I never really moved past this release.

Yeah, TEN was fantastic last night. Joe Marro looks like the most fun person ever.

mindy's contributions to illuminate are undeniable, but she was never THAT great live... always quiet, not much stage presence. still, i'd rather have her there than not. i kind of get tired hearing the ridiculous male falsetto singing what should be female parts.

the band ripped best live when evan was still on bass. that dude had passion.

I've always thought it was the better album for sure, especially the version of "Smile, You've Won" with the girl who was replaced by Mindy, before the full-length was recorded.

Mindy wasn't on December at all. That whole album has Maria Sais De Siclla on it. Mindy was only on Illuminate! 

man i had the biggest crush on mindy when she still had the scenester thing going on. obviously she's beautiful now, but man, something about the stupid ombre hair. <333333333 19-year-old mindy will always own my 15-year-old heart

also, maria > mindy for sure. if only maria had stuck around. but i also think they kicked her out? drug issues? anyway, if "this december" gets pressed i'll probably just listen to the first four songs over and over and cry a lot

• tokimedo changed the title to P.O. Now: Lydia - Illuminate (15th Anniversary)