American Horror Story - Season 6 On Now (Beware Spoilers)

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

Season 6 premiered last night. After all the build-up with the teasers and uncertainty on what the theme for the season will be, I was apathetic for the first episode. It comes across now as formulaic and cliché "story".

100%, was pretty disappointed. so far only liked the first and second season, and part of the freakshow one. will give a couple more episodes a view though before I officially write it off.

Hoping it improves next week.

Wondering where Gaga and Evan Peters come in with the story. Evan has always been great in the AHS series. We saw our first of Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett last night though. This story has the potential to get pretty good. 

What's with the manbearpig?

3 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Wondering where Gaga and Evan Peters come in with the story. Evan has always been great in the AHS series. We saw our first of Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett last night though. This story has the potential to get pretty good. 

Evan has always been the best in this series

3 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Evan has always been the best in this series

Not sure what to think. AHS lost me after the Coven finale but Hotel kinda brought me back. And while I didn't have high expectations for this one, I didn't expect the documentary format at all (which may or may not grow on me) and the lack of an opening sequence. I'll definitely keep watching but for now, I can't say I'm overly excited about it.

3 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

I was thinking it was a tie-in to the Pig Man character from...Season 1 I think?

I found the first episode for this new season to be fairly boring, and still not a real good indication of what the theme of this season is, even if it's titled after the Roanoke mystery. I was pulling for aliens before it premiered, if only because they have been suggested in a couple seasons, but not really fleshed out - but who knows? Ghost alien witches or some nonsense will probably be the case :rolleyes:

As a side note, anyone else find it amusing that the actors portraying the characters in the re-enactment are all older than the actual people they are supposed to be?

3 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

I was thinking it was a tie-in to the Pig Man character from...Season 1 I think?

I found the first episode for this new season to be fairly boring, and still not a real good indication of what the theme of this season is, even if it's titled after the Roanoke mystery. I was pulling for aliens before it premiered, if only because they have been suggested in a couple seasons, but not really fleshed out - but who knows? Ghost alien witches or some nonsense will probably be the case :rolleyes:

As a side note, anyone else find it amusing that the actors portraying the characters in the re-enactment are all older than the actual people they are supposed to be?

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I like the new format, but the content wasn't all the great. Good to see them return to the general haunted house plot, but I'm tired of old timey ghosts playing such a big roll on this show.

Yeah...I'm tired of big rolls too...

60409_M.jpg

I'm guessing their location scout or director didn't really do a lot of research about NC. I'm supposed to believe that they're on the North Carolina coast with mountains on the horizon? Maybe I'm nitpicking here but we're only 1 episode in and they have multiple things about their location wrong. And the interview portions seem like lazy filler. 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, jhulud said:

Really enjoying the new season so far. Each episode gets more intriguing and how they're unraveling the story is great.

I'm feeling the opposite this season, mostly because I hate the way they're telling the story. The reenactments seem gimmicky to me, and I think they actual story had enough to stand on its own. My hope is that halfway through the season the reenactments are going to be finished and they'll catch up with the people the events "actually happened to" and continue the story...only way I see the reenactments being remotely reasonable.