Do those ropes actually exist? I've never seen one in person, only on TV and such. It seems really dangerous. There is no way I could have done it, since I'm terrified of heights.

I know we used to have them. Two kinds, one with knots, one without. One of the things we had to do a swim practice sometimes was climb the straight rope, arms only, as fast as you could. Between sets of push-ups and sit-ups. I wish I was still in that kind of shape. ::sigh::

i dont think they do, but they had them when i was in school (mid 90's)

I guess they realized kinds climbing a robe 15-20+ feet in the air was a bad idea.

I know we used to have them. Two kinds, one with knots, one without. One of the things we had to do a swim practice sometimes was climb the straight rope, arms only, as fast as you could. Between sets of push-ups and sit-ups. I wish I was still in that kind of shape. ::sigh::

Fuck that shit. My irrational fear of heights would make me fall. That does seem like a hell of a work out though, climbing it with just your arms.

We have big ones outside between the classrooms in the old campus and gym, but in the new building there aren't any.

Wish I went to your school then, heh.

I recognize that I kinda had it coming, and I feel dumb, but that doesn't make it suck any less. I've been unsuccessfully trying to get another job for a while now, so this is just another nail in my savings. Gonna quit buying shit for a while, maybe sell some of my collection.

I guess they realized kinds climbing a robe 15-20+ feet in the air was a bad idea.

Fuck that shit. My irrational fear of heights would make me fall. That does seem like a hell of a work out though, climbing it with just your arms.

Right? Before a 2 hour swim practice too. My coach was a slavedriver.

Wish I went to your school then, heh.

I recognize that I kinda had it coming, and I feel dumb, but that doesn't make it suck any less. I've been unsuccessfully trying to get another job for a while now, so this is just another nail in my savings. Gonna quit buying shit for a while, maybe sell some of my collection.

:c

Who all knew you had that in your bag? Start there.

On a side note, I finally got a part time job ! Between that and my full time job, I should be able to start building my savings again B)

Nice, and shitty at the same time. No one should have to work 2 jobs.

On a side note, I finally got a part time job ! Between that and my full time job, I should be able to start building my savings again B)

living the (republican) american dream!

good going, though, girl. PULL YERSELF UP BY THOSE BOOTSTRAPS. or something. all dat hard work will pay off one day!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic