Copeland - IXORA - NEW LP

$36 for a single LP is just stupid. That being said, I've been listening to this record non-stop and Ive made my money back selling copeland variants I never needed. Picked up the black cause I'm not risking possible-lower sound quality due to "white surface noise".

can u elaborate on the white surface noise comment?

just curious, as i have not noticed any distortion on other white releases i own.  Haze variants definitely. but not plain white

can u elaborate on the white surface noise comment?

just curious, as i have not noticed any distortion on other white releases i own.  Haze variants definitely. but not plain white

this is the general consensus on sound quality of colored vinyl being quietest to loudest surface noise:

1. Standard Black

2. Transparent Colors (Blue, Green, Clear, Gold [orange], Transparent Red, Coke Clear, Fluorescent Colors)

3. Non-Mixed Opaque Colors (Pink, Red, Yellow, Violet, Brown)

4. White

5. Opaque Mix (Mixing opaque and translucent color(s) in particular; and also tend to have visible “staining” after a few hundred records, which can be seen in certain light).

6. Random Color / Recycled Color Shades

7. Split Color / Splatter Color / other hand-made colors

8. Glow In The Dark / Glitter Records

...of course, there's a lot of other variables. i have splatters and splits from some plants that sound better than black from others. white vinyl is a different compound than black or clear and usually produces more surface noise. if the recording is loud enough it may not matter. i will say, i've noticed some noisier white vinyl lately. the YAMS reissue SRC just did sounds way noisier and less dynamic than the T&N black original.

the mineral power of failing euro reissue on white vinyl is pretty noisy. i'm waiting to get the black vinyl in the mail to see if there's a difference.

in this case, like i said, i just don't want to take a chance. if the recording is quieter, there almost definitely will be a difference in sound quality between the black and the white. just in case, i decided on the black.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know how I missed it before but there were 3,000 whites AND 3,000 blacks pressed? So 6,000 copies of this album already sold? That's insane haha

it seems like they didn't actually end up selling that many and cut off orders at a certain time, rather than when they were all sold out.