Online sales of RSD releases

Dr. Strange puts everything up then sells it in the store on RSD and then later fulfills or cancels the online orders based on leftover stock. They screwed me last year when I ordered right when their store went up but they sold the items in store instead. My argument was that they shouldn't list anything on line until they are ready to honor those orders. 

Anyway, hope it works out for all of you. I haven't ordered from them again and am glad to say I haven't missed them since. After nearly 20 years of orders to them they were too snotty for me to bother with ever again. 

Dr. Strange puts everything up then sells it in the store on RSD and then later fulfills or cancels the online orders based on leftover stock. They screwed me last year when I ordered right when their store went up but they sold the items in store instead. My argument was that they shouldn't list anything on line until they are ready to honor those orders.

Anyway, hope it works out for all of you. I haven't ordered from them again and am glad to say I haven't missed them since. After nearly 20 years of orders to them they were too snotty for me to bother with ever again.

Well thay certainly sucks. What a bizarre way to sell leftovers online. The 2 7"s I ordered have been popping up steadily online so even if I get shafted I should he able to find them.

If anyone sees a Chvrches - We Sink 7" anywhere, let me know... hhv.de has it listed but sold out.  I'm hoping Banquet has some when they list leftovers on Saturday.

I just realized that between the red vinyl album press and 3 singles, I have four Chvrches records in four colors... which kinda makes me want to grab the 7" just to be a completist. But not at those prices! (Also the Whitney cover is on the Lies 12" which is still easy to get from overseas.)

From what I heard earlier (in the regular RSD thread) it's the same except for the foil numbering. Not sure whether or not that's accurate, but it definitely made me feel better about my decision to wait for the standard release. Fuck the RSD pricing on that thing.

Hmmm... Now I've heard rumors that the May release is gonna be digital download ONLY. And this RSD box is the only vinyl release scheduled. Can anyone confirm or deny? I REALLY don't wanna drop $125 on this thing if there's a cheaper version coming.

Can any one of you EU folks hook me up with the Husker Du LP on Lilac color vinyl if you are able to still get one? I'll pay for the LP, shipping, and throw in a few extra dollars for the trouble.

I can take a look, but I doubt I will find one, if I find one I would like to trade it for a grey copy. Is that an option?

I'm thinking its because the orders go to different stores based on where the inventory is.  So each store probably has some sort of variation of [email protected]

Yep, I think that's the case. Also the email addy that people think is phishy is their contact email. I had the same problem with it being marked as spam, now I just got an email from them from a different gmail account and my order its being set to ship today.

It's a gmail glitch issue, nothing more.