PO: Blues Traveler 1st 4 Albums (Colored 750 copies or 180g Black 250 copies)

VC may have moved on from the Virgil days when it was primarily Orgcore and middling alt-country, but there were a million directions it could've gone, and it sucks that it's gone in the Middle School Forever nostalgia train direction.

I think this may be the tipping point. The time has come to reestablish Terrible Vacation.

this. soundtracks and albums by '90s bands are the name of the game. Create the hype, and the cash will flow. Its much easier to sell an album by a platinum-selling band, even if that happened 20 years ago, than to promote the shit out of a new band that no one has heard of. Convenience is king, and so is cash. Combine the two and you win at capitalism.

I disagree with that.  Thanks to this board, I've discovered and expanded my musical tastes more than I ever would have had I been on just a band specific messageboard.  This forum is vinylcollective and I don't think it really slants one way (metal vs. punk vs. pop) over another. i'd like to think it is all encompassing and welcoming to any and all music tastes.

With regards to Blues Traveler, it's not like they are making 40000 copies.  1 release was a promo only domestic release, 2 of the releases haven't even been on vinyl before (per Discogs), with another being only available overseas.  I am sure there are more than 1000 people who see Blues Traveler at shows that might pick this up for nostalgia sake (maybe a couple met at a HORDE show...who knows).  I don't think this is milking fans or anything, it is giving legacy Blues Travelers fans to add to their vinyl collection and a chance for those who may want to discover their music an opportunity to do so.

First, your opinion always counts in my book. You're one of my trusted posters. 

My issue is not that it's being pressed. Not at all. I am always a proponent that if there is demand an LP should be in print. That goes for Pavoratti to Blues Traveler to Uniform Choice. I've found plenty of new music via VC but this is a place that is a community built around a commonality in taste. That isn't a controversial statement. Built off of the love of Punk many members like Hip Hop too. I'm a junkie for early Revelation releases that aren't talked about here. Others have flexed some serious Jazz and Classical knowledge. But the root has always stayed the same and no one has to continue to show tolerance for the board being junked up with even more 90s Nostalgia Represses. I wouldn't say delete the thread - wouldn't have when I was a mod - but like hell if it isn't a golden opportunity to look back upon so much terrible music from my day. I had left but the tossing out about "Good Charlotte" didn't help. Two sets of crap doesn't somehow make either a good idea. 

Anyway, no one is saying anything can't be posted or discussed but just because we are now littered with a million threads about bands that garner two pages of response does not put them on equal footing with what this place was built around. 

VC may have moved on from the Virgil days when it was primarily Orgcore and middling alt-country, but there were a million directions it could've gone, and it sucks that it's gone in the Middle School Forever nostalgia train direction.

I think this may be the tipping point. The time has come to reestablish Terrible Vacation.

Speaking of Nostalgia - who's intrigued by a new Braid LP? This guy <<<<<. 

Terrible Vacation was a flop. Even when the board was transitioning and IVWT was banned no one cared enough. Sucks since it could have been great. 

My issue is not that it's being pressed. Not at all. I am always a proponent that if there is demand an LP should be in print. That goes for Pavoratti to Blues Traveler to Uniform Choice. I've found plenty of new music via VC but this is a place that is a community built around a commonality in taste. That isn't a controversial statement. Built off of the love of Punk many members like Hip Hop too. I'm a junkie for early Revelation releases that aren't talked about here. Others have flexed some serious Jazz and Classical knowledge. But the root has always stayed the same and no one has to continue to show tolerance for the board being junked up with even more 90s Nostalgia Represses. I wouldn't say delete the thread - wouldn't have when I was a mod - but like hell if it isn't a golden opportunity to look back upon so much terrible music from my day. I had left but the tossing out about "Good Charlotte" didn't help. Two sets of crap doesn't somehow make either a good idea. 

Anyway, no one is saying anything can't be posted or discussed but just because we are now littered with a million threads about bands that garner two pages of response does not put them on equal footing with what this place was built around. 

I hear your point, I originally found this place searching for punk records. But It's hard to swallow that some middle of the road 90's bands are the issue when the front page is full of The Frozen Soundtrack, Lion King Picture Discs and Coldplay's new record. Like a poster said above, its hard to claim this is a punk rock board when we have a 100 page Taylor Swift thread. I just consider this a Vinyl message board that leans punk. 

I hear your point, I originally found this place searching for punk records. But It's hard to swallow that some middle of the road 90's bands are the issue when the front page is full of The Frozen Soundtrack, Lion King Picture Discs and Coldplay's new record. Like a poster said above, its hard to claim this is a punk rock board when we have a 100 page Taylor Swift thread. I just consider this a Vinyl message board that leans punk. 

The Disney soundtrack raging going on baffles me. No joke: I thought my son would like to hear the Frozen soundtrack since he liked the movie and everyone was rocking that one damn song about letting go. I download it and a couple songs in he says "Daddy, this is too slow".  So damn proud of him. 

At the risk of pissing people off, y'all are some whiny, entitled bitches. You know how much total shit music has threads on this board? TONS.

I'm not in here defending Blues Traveler, but this is where you choose to draw the line? There is so much ridiculous fanboy bullshit that goes on in the record-collecting game, and this is what sets you off? 

So this is a punk board? I though it was a Hot Topic fan forum, filled with Middle/High school dance soundtracks, and "Whoa man! The first time I heard that song I was ____________ (drinking my first beer/toking the first time/touching my first tit). I GOTTA get that record."

You guys make me laugh.

That said, these are pretty limited, so you shouldn't have to see too many around the $1 bins. There should still be plenty of room for your favorite bands in them.

Now back to your regularly scheduled complaining and bickering...    :D

P.S. I like this board.

We all have that with bands. The love la dispute, touche amore gets on here is beyond me. No idea what anyone sees in them but they do. To each their own. The more vinyl the better. Fk it

100% agree with this, including the bands. Was pretty negative on this band/releases yesterday, but hey, to each their own. I do love the color variants on these. Almost makes me wish I was a fan.

90s music is my favorite so I like the fact that these albums are getting pressed/re-pressed

If i see a la dispute/touche/or any band like them pre order thread, i just keep scrolling down and find something i do like. Not a fan of shitting on a band in a pre order thread. I'll stick to the "shit on bands here" thread in the everything else forum.

Entitlement would indicate that you want something. I desire less of something. It's a bit different. 

I should have railed harder against the $30 price tag instead of how terrible the band is. It is my error in approach and I will make proper amends. And no one hates the 90s. They are hating all the sudden pressings of 90s Crap Radio One Hit Wonders. The 90s put out plenty of incredible music. This is a perfect convergence of an overpriced item with a band that isn't going to attract a lot of respect from VC. 

Hope you all have a nice weekend ahead. 

• 3 months later...

They listed the test presses and a short video on their site.....just getting closer now....after the tests get approved then we wait....at least we are closer to getting em.....

I am friends with the label owner who is putting this one out and The test presses were actually declines for these. As you can see in the video, they were a bit warped so these will likely be delayed a few months due to that