MAN ADVICE v2.0

i love texting in the early stages. why wouldnt i want too?

just a hi, hello, or funny shit from the day. not like 'pick a venue to say our vows...etc'

when i get smitten over a girl im giddy. i want to talk to her, see her etc. but not too much overkill.

id hope she'd want the same. just different times nowadays i guess.

if i didnt hear back after like 3-4 days, im moving on. just how i roll.

i love texting in the early stages. why wouldnt i want too?

just a hi, hello, or funny shit from the day. not like 'pick a venue to say our vows...etc'

when i get smitten over a girl im giddy. i want to talk to her, see her etc. but not too much overkill.

id hope she'd want the same. just different times nowadays i guess.

if i didnt hear back after like 3-4 days, im moving on. just how i roll.

yeah, I've never had a 3-4 day gap (so far).  Most of the time it's a few hours to half a day in between texts.  She warned me from the get-go that she worked three jobs and she's incredibly busy most of the time.  She's been pretty consistent in replying back to my texts, though they're typically brief.  I'll text her a few times a day, I just don't want to get too antsy and come off as desperate.

I was talking to a few of my friends about the situation and they had all sorts of strategies rivalling the D.E.N.N.I.S. system.  So many theories about women and how to play "the game" - and the whole time I've actually been believing they're human beings (!?).  I'm not much for strategy and games in relationships; I'm honest from the very beginning and I expect the same.  Maybe I'd been in a LTR for so long, I forgot that's not how "the game" is played...

I seem to get involved with those who do like playing "games" (emotional, mental), & I'm not a fan. I don't want to guess what the hell is going on in a relationship.

But I'm somewhat very damaged so it's whatever.

games should be fun for both parties. it sounds like you are describing unwanted abuse. i'm not a fan of that either. 

I just suck at the game

even if true, you aren't supposed to publicly admit that. it's part of the game.  B)

i'm terrible at the game. when i try not to play, i lose. when i try to play, i lose even harder.

however, i'm on a bit of a hot streak right now.

last night i was at a show with a bunch of friends, and one of them came in with a very attractive lady with her. it was that moment of "you. you are the one i'm going to talk to tonight." and after about 10 minutes of her hanging out with us, she recognized that my tattoo is a yellow submarine homage. it probably doesn't seem like much, except for the fact that it's the first time that's happened in the 4 years since i got it. sadly, she left the show early, but certainly not before i got her number.

Eh fuck "the game". It's pretty damn annoying most of the time. I'm just now ending an over year relationship due to her not being able to find a job out here in Portland. It's pretty shitty when there's nothing wrong with your relationship, but life just takes hold and shit happens. Iv been hanging out with a few ladies here and there just to remember what that's like again. Then you realize oh shit..back to this almost "version" of me. It's a pretty weird feeling. I guess from going to a year of being pretty settled down and comfortable. To actually having to leave the house again.

Life can be really interesting sometimes.

Eh fuck "the game". It's pretty damn annoying most of the time. I'm just now ending an over year relationship due to her not being able to find a job out here in Portland. It's pretty shitty when there's nothing wrong with your relationship, but life just takes hold and shit happens. Iv been hanging out with a few ladies here and there just to remember what that's like again. Then you realize oh shit..back to this almost "version" of me. It's a pretty weird feeling. I guess from going to a year of being pretty settled down and comfortable. To actually having to leave the house again.

Life can be really interesting sometimes.

I'm in (kinda) the same situation.  I just got out of a seven year relationship and I'm just trying to find out who the hell I was before all of it.  I've definitely been changed since then, but I don't know who "single" me is.  I remeber the old single me, who was kind of a womanizing douchebag asshole drunkard.  Now I'm boring and sober with a developed respect for women as human beings.  It's a strange, strange world now...

What's the game? Is it dating?

to me, it's purposefully controlling your actions around someone you are sexually attracted to in order to be more seductive. there is a fine line between seduction, persuasion, and manipulation. a lot of douchebags and psychopaths use manipulative behavior to get want they want at someone else's expense, so it's easy to see why "game" gets a bad rap. all in all, it's a pretty nebulous term and you will probably get a lot of variance in definition depending on who you ask.

Doesn’t call.

Plays “hard to get.”

Disappears after sex.

Expects you to be a mind reader.

Regularly “breaks-up” with you.

Presents ultimatums.

The “good enough for now” game.

thats just the Pan-Am games version

That doesn't really sound like a game? Sounds like you're dating a flake. Who would put up with that.

to me, it's purposefully controlling your actions around someone you are sexually attracted to in order to be more seductive.

Like not farting in front of girls at the bar? I think mostly everyone does that!