Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

http://store.universalmusic.com/einaudi/*/*/Elements-2LP/4STS0000000

" His first album of new recordings for almost 3 years and follow up to In A Time Lapse sees Einaudi influenced by the world around him. Nature’s elements (earth, water, air, and fire), mathematical and scientific elements, musical forms and works of arts including those by Kandinsky. This album brings these seemingly disparate elements together into one concept. Performed by Einaudi and his band the album includes his trademark piano melodies and stirring ensemble playing on tracks including Night, Elements and Four Dimensions. "

22 hours ago, thievedrelic said:

" His first album of new recordings for almost 3 years and follow up to In A Time Lapse sees Einaudi influenced by the world around him. Nature’s elements (earth, water, air, and fire), mathematical and scientific elements, musical forms and works of arts including those by Kandinsky. This album brings these seemingly disparate elements together into one concept. Performed by Einaudi and his band the album includes his trademark piano melodies and stirring ensemble playing on tracks including Night, Elements and Four Dimensions. "

Really nice album. Definitely worth a purchase.

22 hours ago, thievedrelic said:

Really nice album. Definitely worth a purchase.

List is a little questionable, imo. But pitchfork just put up a 50 best ambient list.

http://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/9948-the-50-best-ambient-albums-of-all-time/?page=5

Happy to see:

Basinski - Disintegration Loops at 3

Caretaker - Empty Bliss at 14

Grouper - AIA at 21

20 minutes ago, rooks said:

List is a little questionable, imo. But pitchfork just put up a 50 best ambient list.

http://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/9948-the-50-best-ambient-albums-of-all-time/?page=5

Happy to see:

Basinski - Disintegration Loops at 3

Caretaker - Empty Bliss at 14

Grouper - AIA at 21

Agreed! Also, I expected some Eno, but they got almost all of his essential pieces in there which is deserved. Not to mention Suzanne Ciani, John Hassell, Steve Roach and Laraaji making the list.

Edited by docbronze

On 9/8/2016 at 10:01 AM, Kanye West said:

I can't find it on the site fml. That would have been a better alternative to bullmoose. 

Regarding that big Gas / Wolfgang Voigt box:

I used the new CCMusic.com coupon just now for 25% off  (OCTCCM25).

They have the box priced at $149.   The 25% off coupon brought the price down to $112.   Shipping was $14 though, bringing the total up to $126.

8 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

They have the box priced at $149.   The 25% off coupon brought the price down to $112.   Shipping was $14 though, bringing the total up to $126.

good looks 

19 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

Do they immediately charge or at shipment? My BM order was $170 ugh

• 3 weeks later...

Some pictures of the GAS boxset have surfaced. It's gorgeous!

Noted: "All tracks are available in maximum length and best sound quality, both on vinyl and CD. And yes, the GAS BOX is limited."

Also this lovely little blurb direct from Wolfgang Voigt:

"...While the box shows the history of GAS so far, it also makes way for new material and a new live show to be expected for next year."

unnamed-3-1024x1024.jpg

unnamed-2-1024x905.jpg

Bing & Ruth: 'No Home of the Mind'

17th February 2017

Available on limited transparent 2xLP.

Bing & Ruth - No Home of the Mind

Established in 2006, Bing & Ruth is an ever-evolving collective steered by composer David Moore.  A pianist from Kansas and graduate of New York’s school of Jazz and Contemporary Music at the New School, Moore’s work follows in the great tradition of fellow alumni John Cage and Steve Reich, albeit looking past the more studied repetition of the style’s forerunners toward a meditative form built on feeling.

With Moore at its nucleus, Bing & Ruth’s line-up has transmuted from the eleven-strong line-up that created debut album City Lake (“A stunning, humble record built on traditions we all understand, yet, somehow feels dizzyingly new.” – The Quietus) to a cast of seven for 2014’s Tomorrow Was The Golden Age (“One of the finest leftfield releases of the year.” – Pitchfork).  With No Home of the Mind, the ensemble has been streamlined to a five-person unit, exploring the piano’s percussive qualities alongside running woodwinds, warbling tape delays and splattered upright bass lines that stare out with a wide-eyed transcendence, taking so-called “classical” music to new limits.

• A1. Starwood Choker
  • A2. As Much As Possible
  • A3. Scrapes
  • B1. Chonchos
  • B2. The How of It Sped
  • C1. Is Drop
  • C2. Form Takes
  • C3. To All It
  • D1. Flat Line/Peak Color
  • D2. What Ash it Flow Up

http://shopusa.4ad.com/no-home-of-the-mind

On 11/1/2016 at 2:51 PM, freverend said:

Sonic Pieces will put out both F.S. Blumm & Nils Frahm albums on colored vinyl re-issues on 11/25!

psyched since I missed the first editions

Fuck....I love Sonic Pieces but I already bought the first pressings on black :( 

Really nice packaging as usual, though. And it's cool that Nils' dad took the photos for the album art (at least for the second one). 

Edited by rabbitvinyl

We are extremely happy to announce that A Winged Victory For The Sullen, the otherworldly collaboration between adam bryanbaum wiltzieand Dustin O'Halloran, commence the New Year with their third full-length titled 'Iris' - available worldwide via Erased Tapes on January 13th 2017.

Listen to 'Galerie': https://soundcloud.com/…/a-winged-victory-for-the-sullen-ga…
Pre-order 'Iris' on (Ltd. Clear) Vinyl, CD and digitally here: phonofile.link/iris-bonus

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Excellent share.  I'm a little confused though; the physical mediums don't drop and ship until January 13th... but can't be ordered until January 13th...?  Where's the pre-order come into play?

Was just about to post the same thing.

In other news... anyone else loving the new The Swifter album that Sonic Pieces just released?

Edited by Seafinch

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Excellent share.  I'm a little confused though; the physical mediums don't drop and ship until January 13th... but can't be ordered until January 13th...?  Where's the pre-order come into play?

not entirely sure. there's confusion on the facebook comments as well. no official response yet. it's not a pre-order if you can't pre-order.