Jimmy Eat World Vinyl Reissues - Static Prevails, Clarity and Futures

Really? They've had several releases this year, and all of them are top notch in the quality department.

What's the official label printed on the back or listed on Discogs? "SRC Distribution"? I just assumed it was Capitol once again. And I guess I'm not cool enough to keep up with their exclusive releases, because I feel like I've been oblivious to them. Kind of assumed they just had exclusive variants whenever they're serious enough to get involved with a big release.

What's the official label printed on the back or listed on Discogs? "SRC Distribution"? I just assumed it was Capitol once again. And I guess I'm not cool enough to keep up with their exclusive releases, because I feel like I've been invlicious to them. Kind of assumed they just had exclusive variants whenever they're serious enough to get involved with a big release.

SRCvinyl is the label. They do mostly nostalgia represses, but I've picked up the recent repress of "Frengers" by Mew and "Wonder What's Next" by Chevelle. They did some cool Far and Quicksand reissues last year as well. I always get excited when I see that SRC is pressing something. I know it will be pricey, but I can also count on proper mastering, gatefold jackets (usually with spot gloss), poly-lined inner sleeves, and thick vinyl. They don't just do exclusive variants. I believe they are up to 40-something releases in their catalog at this point.

for as much as you are on this board, it blows me away that the banners at the top of every page and constant threads about their releases were never noticed by you. you have better blinders than I! I find it impossible not to see them 

AdBlock for days.  Just a few weeks ago I was told that a lot of Youtube videos have ads?  Ain't nobody got time for any of that.

And I knew that SRC was involved with the Mew Frengers press or whatever, but I just assumed that they played a part in securing the rights and were going to distribute it exclusively.  I had no idea they pressed the vinyl and assembled the packaging themselves.  Pretty cool.

adblock! *headsmack* you sir, are a smart cat. I was skeptical at first of companies like this that churn stuff out, after Hot Topic's issues with quality, but SRC does REALLY well with their stuff. I think the only one I have anymore until I pick up 2 of these JEW represses is Yellowcard's 'One For the Kids', but I had their Piebald releases for a while as well. Sounds great, nice packaging, good shtuff.

I don't remember hearing any problems with the vocals (or anything else) on my copy, I dunno.

I'm thinking it's a combination of the old needle, and just how the album was recorded.

I hadn't listened to clarity that much prior to this, so the vocals just sound weird to me. It's like there are barely any S's.

Instrumentally, the album sounds fine.

I'm thinking it's a combination of the old needle, and just how the album was recorded.

I hadn't listened to clarity that much prior to this, so the vocals just sound weird to me. It's like there are barely any S's.

Instrumentally, the album sounds fine.

That's weird. I don't have any issues on my older copy - vocals sound just fine. I hope it's the old needle.

That's weird. I don't have any issues on my older copy - vocals sound just fine. I hope it's the old needle.

I hope so too, and I bet it is, but 2m Reds are expensive.

I wish I had some sort of outside opinion. Just someone who knew more than I do, to come over and listen to what I've got and pinpoint any problems/make sure that my sound is as good as it can be.

I'm always so paranoid that something is wrong