PO: Thrice Vheissu and TAITA represses

Anyone who has the original press of this also purchase this repress and can compare? Everyone keeps comparing to the HT repress, but I'd like to know if it's worth rebuying the repress at some point or if my original holds up to it just fine.

Sell me your OG press and I'll compare for you...

Anyone who has the original press of this also purchase this repress and can compare? Everyone keeps comparing to the HT repress, but I'd like to know if it's worth rebuying the repress at some point or if my original holds up to it just fine.

If it's anything like my original pressing of War All The Time, it will sound just as good--and it's only 1 LP as well.  I don't know what happened to the represses Island has been doing lately.

I got my yellow today and on a/b there's a pretty sick streak of black running through it. Sounds pretty good considering I've never been a fan of the production. Heard some bits in "Atlantic" I've never heard before which was nice.

My yellow a/b also has a black streak in it. I thought it was pretty cool.

Compared the gold pressing to the HT Peach/Tan marble pressing.  The HT pressing has lots of background noise and sounds like it is being played through a 1990s plastic GPX boombox, hollow.  The Gold pressing is very clear and bright sounding, almost a bit too bright at times.  I picked up a little bit of clipping/distortion on the vocals.  The gold pressing also seems to lack a little bit on the low end compared to the CD.  Overall, this new pressing sounds a million times better than the HT pressing I have and I am very happy with it.

I was out of town this past week, and finally had a chance to spin Vheissu this morning.  Those of you claiming that this is much better than the HT are crazy.  Admittedly, it is very different sounding, but this release is kind of crappy sounding too.  The HT version is very flat and sits around the mids, this new press really pushes the highs.  The clipping on Riley's cymbals is cringe-worthy.  It does have a bit more range though.  It certainly isn't worse than the HT version, but I wouldn't call it an improvement.  I have never heard an OG copy, but since it's a single LP, I can't imagine it sounds stellar.  

I'll probably keep both copies (HT brown and OA clear), but sadly I think my CD still sounds the best.  This new press is gorgeous looking.  I just wish it sounded as good as it looks.

I was out of town this past week, and finally had a chance to spin Vheissu this morning.  Those of you claiming that this is much better than the HT are crazy.  Admittedly, it is very different sounding, but this release is kind of crappy sounding too.  The HT version is very flat and sits around the mids, this new press really pushes the highs.  The clipping on Riley's cymbals is cringe-worthy.  It does have a bit more range though.  It certainly isn't worse than the HT version, but I wouldn't call it an improvement.  I have never heard an OG copy, but since it's a single LP, I can't imagine it sounds stellar.  

Don't tell me that!  I ordered a copy and was so excited to hear something besides the HT press (which is just disappointing).  Someone who owns an original should do a FLAC of it....  Also any record that goes for over $100.

These came in for me a couple days ago. Superfast international shipping so I was really impressed. I agree with everyones comments about how great the jackets turned out and the colour of the vinyl matched too.

The OG copy still sounds the best for me and I really didnt mind the HT pressings but these ones sound awesome.