PO: Thrice Vheissu and TAITA represses

Thanks to good ol' dicktoe, I presume?

Haha you know it. I presume you were one of the 31 goddamn watchers

Also, has anyone's copy (any variant) come in shrink wrap that didn't have a sticker indicating the color? Because I asked the seller that I just scored mine from prior to bidding if it came with a sticker (considering it was pictured without one on the shrink wrap) and he/she said it didn't come with one... Weird.

Haha you know it. I presume you were one of the 31 goddamn watchers

Also, has anyone's copy (any variant) come in shrink wrap that didn't have a sticker indicating the color? Because I asked the seller that I just scored mine from prior to bidding if it came with a sticker (considering it was pictured without one on the shrink wrap) and he/she said it didn't come with one... Weird.

Mine had it (clear, yellow, white) but they seemed like cheap Avery stickers that could easily come off.

My white copy just showed up today. Listening to it now. Either I had an exceptionally shitty HT pressing of this or the people that said it's only slightly better have something wrong with their ears because this pressing is 10x better than the HT press.

Someone wrote on here that it sounds a lot brighter and heavier on the higher register frequencies, but that it's lacking in low end. Is that true? I certainly hope it's not considering the lack of low end and flatness of the HT press. It drove me nuts.

Someone wrote on here that it sounds a lot brighter and heavier on the higher register frequencies, but that it's lacking in low end. Is that true? I certainly hope it's not considering the lack of low end and flatness of the HT press. It drove me nuts.

I wrote that.  I'm still amazed at all the comments from folks claiming this sounds great.

I guess you'll find out when you get it.  I'm not gonna blast on this guy for having an opinion, but I do disagree with it.  Maybe you'll feel the same way as him.  I can tell you with absolute certainty that this pressing sounds better than the HT press, whether or not it sounds "great" is the question here.  I think it sounds great, throwgncpr doesn't.  To be fair, this album isn't what I'd consider to be one of the best recordings of all-time either.

It does sound better, but it could still be better than it is.  The difference between my peach pressing and the gold is very noticeable to me.

What I noticed more than anything was the clarity of this pressing vs. the HT press.  Dustin's voice sounds a lot better.  The HT press had lots of sibilance and varied in the clarity of the instrumentals.  it got very muddy and "smooshed" sounding at times.

That's a huge bummer. I just dropped close to $48 on a Yellow copy on ebay solely because I was expecting it to sound better than my Peach HT pressing...

Page after page of people ranting and raving about how great this sounds and you're gonna let one person's opinion get you down??

Ordered mine today. Hoping for one of these random streaks. So excited to see in person how awesome this jacket looks.

speaking of the jacket.  yes it looks great, but mine came with a very noticeably smashed top corner on the spine side.  I'm not too anal about jacket condition though, particularly when it's a record I plan to keep for myself forever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know anything about a black variant for this? I just received a copy I ordered from Amoeba and it says Obscure Alternatives and has a 2014 copyright, but it's black. I haven't seen anything about a black version anywhere. I don't really care about the color, just thought it was weird and assumed if would be white since that's all that's left on the Pylon site. Amoeba didn't specify the variant, just the year.

Does anyone know anything about a black variant for this? I just received a copy I ordered from Amoeba and it says Obscure Alternatives and has a 2014 copyright, but it's black. I haven't seen anything about a black version anywhere. I don't really care about the color, just thought it was weird and assumed if would be white since that's all that's left on the Pylon site. Amoeba didn't specify the variant, just the year.

Pictures? I thought these weren't going to be available until November?