Custom Record Sleeves by Andrew Lucas

Hey all- would someone send me their South Park record sleeve once they get theirs?  I have a large scanner and a large printer & I can do a mass run of any of these sleeves for just $8 which is almost 50% cheaper than Andrew's sleeves.  PM me if you want one.

1. I'd be interested in having you eventually do one for a Hostage Calm test press I have using some art from a flyer for a local show they had.

2. It's okay to make, buy and sell bootlegged copies of records/CDs from musicians but lordy lordy do we ever get our undergarments in a bunch when a dude is making sleeves for records that usually come without any. But fucking punk rock, man.

3. It's not like people are getting these made to make the bUcK$$$, they're doing it to have something nice to keep their shit in. If it's that much of a problem, when they want to sell the record they can sell it without the ~custom sleeve!~

4. Andrew, you should make a list of all the orders you have within the original post and cross said orders out when you finish them so people can ~guesstimate~ how long it may/may not be before you're close to doing theirs.

5. This isn't a goddamn mass production line. This dude is literally making dick shit, probably nowhere close to even. The money, if anything, goes toward the sake of the components, not the product. Certainly not his wallet. He's not selling them as if he were the artist or even with the artist's original intention of sale.

6. Did Geoff Rickly get permission to set the Beatles on fire?

6. Did Geoff Rickly get permission to set the Beatles on fire?

I believe UN received a C and D letter with threats of a lawsuit. Which is why the artwork was changed.

Also it falls under transformative art. There was intent in changing the message by altering the image. Still a grey are, as it's based on legal argument for the artist's purpose if the rights holder were to disputes it.

And general lols when inciting "fucking punk rock" around Disney products.

I'm sure that stealing the South Park artwork someone posted earlier in the thread will work out just as well as stealing Mondo's artwork.

Except, ya know, he didn't actually steal anything and it wasn't Mondo's artwork so....

qTHxOZx.gif

Sorry, when planning to steal Tom Whalen's Mondo artwork. Whalen went off on twitter when somebody tipped him off to this thread; of course he was going to tell Andrew to get bent. I'm sure the answer from South Park's lawyers will be the same thing.

Also it falls under transformative art. There was intent in changing the message by altering the image. Still a grey are, as it's based on legal argument for the artist's purpose if the rights holder were to disputes it.

And general lols when inciting "fucking punk rock" around Disney products.

I know. Twas a joke, but lols indeed. Also lols at nearly 16 pages because of Disney products.

• 2 months later...

I don't have a copy yet but when I finally get my hands on the art damage picture disc from fear before I Will most certainly be in touch. sounds like some others might be too. This is a fantastic thing. I for one am weary of picture disc for two reasons the jackets and sound quality lol.

I only own one picture disc ad of right now and it's dream theater's illumination theory. Have you done one for this release yet ?

• 10 months later...

Dont want to get anyones hopes up, and please dont start sending me messages, but the new office I work at has a printer for printing plans. Its huge. If I can figure out a way to get the thick paper into it I can print some sleeves. The problem I have is the paper is loaded into it on a big spool. I was thinking maybe I can just use masking tape to tape the sheets onto the spool and then roll it up again. It will curve the paper but I can probably flatten it back out after a day or two under something flat. I'm also not sure about the quality of color printing so it might have to be black and white. I'll let you guys know when I am able to do it. i just have to find some time where I'm not swamped at work. The cost may be a lot cheaper too. My friend got his printer fixed a while ago but didnt want to make any more record sleeves because he said they were too time consuming and we didnt make any money off of it. Also, were not really talking anymore.

Dont want to get anyones hopes up, and please dont start sending me messages, but the new office I work at has a printer for printing plans. Its huge. If I can figure out a way to get the thick paper into it I can print some sleeves. The problem I have is the paper is loaded into it on a big spool. I was thinking maybe I can just use masking tape to tape the sheets onto the spool and then roll it up again. It will curve the paper but I can probably flatten it back out after a day or two under something flat. I'm also not sure about the quality of color printing so it might have to be black and white. I'll let you guys know when I am able to do it. i just have to find some time where I'm not swamped at work. The cost may be a lot cheaper too. My friend got his printer fixed a while ago but didnt want to make any more record sleeves because he said they were too time consuming and we didnt make any money off of it. Also, were not really talking anymore.

What type of paper/cardstock do/would you use? I have a plotter at my architecture firm and considering trying this.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

It's all good. He just kept making stupid decisions and one of them directly affected me. I just don't want to be friends with someone like that anymore. Sucks because he was the best man at my wedding but sometimes you just gotta give up on someone and stop trying to help when they don't take the advice given.