Video game OSTs

It makes me wonder if he should just go ahead and just release albums when possible with very little lead-up. Just one email alert of a drop, show off the vinyl cover, no tracklist, and hours or day later allow orders to come in. It's the only way at this point cause being nice to everyone is causing major issues.

That seems like a good idea.

You have what, 48 hours to say you want one (or two, whatever), then you get a PayPal invoice? Then once orders are closed, then the info comes out? The people who are fans are probably going to get it based on the game, and the people looking to make a buck get less of a chance?

I would definitely be happy with that. As Vector53 has said, an email a week or few days beforehand to literally say "release coming in 1 week" would be good. I'd hate to miss out because an email has gone out and I've not seen it until a few hours later. At least that way people have an idea that something is coming on a certain day. Obviously this isn't down to us though....

Also (and I realise I'm contributing to the conversation), maybe this shouldn't be talked about?

It's really ridiculous, who sues over 1-track on a bootleg?

It's crazy, especially when you look at companies like "Rose Coloured Gaming" who produce fully fledged ROMs on snes and nes cartridges, with full artwork, boxes and stickers for like $100-200 a pop. They've recently done Starfox 2 which was an unreleased snes sequel. They've cashed in big time because someone else more or less finished making a game and then never released it. That's far "worse" to me, and yet somehow they are able to do it without any issues...

It's crazy, especially when you look at companies like "Rose Coloured Gaming" who produce fully fledged ROMs on snes and nes cartridges, with full artwork, boxes and stickers for like $100-200 a pop. They've recently done Starfox 2 which was an unreleased snes sequel. They've cashed in big time because someone else more or less finished making a game and then never released it. That's far "worse" to me, and yet somehow they are able to do it without any issues...

Wow, that is crazy, I didn't know anyone did that with the StarFox sequel. That's interesting/cool but must be highly illegal, haha. 

tonyfranciosa downvoted me so it must have been him!! lol why are you mad dude, is the person who tattled not a complete asshole?

nah I'm just tired of people whining about not getting their secret, illegal records

oh crap I shouldn't have said it was secret

oh crap I certainly shouldn't have said it was illegal

eh, it's too hot today

This is Nintendo, why should any one of us give a fuck about their intellectual property?

I could understand being against bootlegging a record of a band/company that would need the money from a record pressing to get by; Nintendo has so much money as it is and none of that money came from record pressing so being against this for the sake of copyright is dumb in my opinion.