Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition

I think I'm still going to try and hold on until then. Although the anticipation for this album is being super persuasive. Probably going to immerse myself into all of Jakob's previous albums for the time being.

Delaying gratification music-wise isn't nearly as difficult as in some other areas of life I think. There's at least half a hard disk full of music that I've yet to listen which helps immensely. I really like the idea of listening to an album the first time on vinyl, even if it's a long pre-order. So far I've been doing good, no slip-ups. Yet :ph34r:

Commendable for sure, and I do love hearing an album for the first time via vinyl... even if it's a total rarity these days. But I also enjoy falling in love with an album I thought I knew so well, after spinning it for the first time and being surprised by subtle (or significant) changes in the sound. Good stuff either way.

I've been getting into a lot more post rock lately and this seemed like something I really didn't want to miss out on. Ordered this last week. Looks like all that is left is black.

Smart man. Based off the initial reactions and reviews I'm reading, I'd say you made a good choice. And congrats on diving into post-rock. I think it's one of the most rewarding genres out there, once you start really exploring it.

I've been getting into a lot more post rock lately and this seemed like something I really didn't want to miss out on. Ordered this last week. Looks like all that is left is black.

Welcome to the club. I wish under our avatars it would list our #1 genre. Instead of Members it would say Post-Rock.

anyhow, as always i refuse to stream or listen before this lands in my hands.

Got the link for the download today so I'm giving it a listen for the first time. I'm only a few tracks in but it sounds really good. Beautiful stuff. 

Got mine as well and had a first listen in the car on my way to work! Was rather concentrated on the traffic, but at times I was like "wow, nice stuff"! Need to listen to it after work at home with headphones!

It's Jakob alright, well polished, oiled machine.

it's slower (as a whole) but still loud. Jakob loud.

strings are in a few and its glorious.

i like this album. a lot.

Similar thoughts on my end.  My one and only gripe is that I think it could be a song or two (or about 15 minutes) longer.  It just breezes by, and it's going to be crazy to flip each record after every song or so.  But I must agree that the strings are used so very well – even better than the latest Maybeshewill incorporates them, in my opinion.  There are a lot of new sounds and approaches on Sines, but they still feel very Jakob at the core and I like that.  I admire them for pushing the envelope and branching out.  Every track brings something new to the table and nothing sounds too samey.

• Derek™ changed the title to Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition