Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition

i'm a bit disappointed with the sleeve for this. "heavy duty" with "high gloss lamination" is a stretch and the paper sleeves don't fit inside without hanging out the edge. also my copy has a small stain in the top right corner from food or a drink or something. hopefully the TP sleeve is nicer

Haha, check the pic from TMS!!! :o :o :o

10846172_10152891163353610_4367437788874

Hey guys, you'll be pleased to know that just about every pre-order for Jakob "Sines" 2xLP has been mailed out. Check out the pic! Thanks so much for the support, we're now packing up all the Cyber Monday orders and should have those all shipped by Monday. Have a great weekend team, MUCH love!!

Yeees, got a shipping notification.

Still haven't listened and won't until it arrives. So stoked for this.

Listening to Solace right now and I absolutely fell in love with Jakob again. None can craft such atmospheres as they do. So looking forward to that repress next year.

Got my red and orange today...

Holy Christ this is one of the best sounding records I own. And arrived in flawless condition.

That bass is giving my subwoofer a workout. Sounds so much better than I was even hoping for.

Yeah those stick hits on "Blind Them With Science" were chilling the first run through. Sounds incredible. Unfortunately the Lavinia "Take Shelter" EP that came with it had some sawdust or something like that embedded into the grooves. The surface noise was unreal when I first spun it. Hoping that gets diluted the more I clean and spin it.

Got my black today...

Holy Christ this is one of the best sounding records I own. And arrived in flawless condition.

That bass is giving my subwoofer a workout. Sounds so much better than I was even hoping for.

Yeah, I got mine yesterday (the first MS order without any problems), and holy fuck does this album sound good. Sat in my living room late last night and just melted into my couch as this played.

Arrived yesterday. I just got home and opened it now, so I'll listen to it a bit later. All in all, I'm slightly bummed. Not very, but there's too much positive energy in this thread right now and I need to be a grinch. 

I ordered the CD/vinyl package because I wanted the CD beforehand. That didn't happen (bummer #1). I also wanted black vinyl, but the CD/vinyl package was for "the most limited version of the vinyl at time of purchase," which was the haze when I ordered. So I requested black vinyl when I made my payment. That didn't happen (bummer #2). I'm also bummed they never bothered to respond/acknowledge the email I sent about both of these things back in early November. 

ANYWAY, I'm done being a wet blanket now. Still stoked to finally have this. 

• Derek™ changed the title to Jakob Thread: LP5 Hype Edition