OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

Very cool this is being reissued. I'll definitely be ordering.

Exactly the types of responses we should be seeing.

I'm stoked. I missed out on the first press, though I probably could have purchased one many moons ago, but vinyl wasn't my thing at that time. Yes, it's expensive, but do I care? Not really, because I'll finally own it.

I'm stoked. I missed out on the first press, though I probably could have purchased one many moons ago, but vinyl wasn't my thing at that time. Yes, it's expensive, but do I care? Not really, because I'll finally own it.

Exactly. Same here.

I'm not crazy about the price, but if I was really that against it I wouldn't pay it. I'd rather snag a copy of this than a lot of other albums, and I'm actually looking forward to paying $30+ for some Electric Wizard reissues that are coming up, (granted, they are imports) so I'm clearly a part of the problem. But would I rather this be $25? Absolutely.

I'm just waiting for another SSTB reissue.

That's you. Not everyone has a coheed & cambria tattoo and would give their kidney for this record. Some people just like the record and want to own it at a reasonable price. People have every right to be disappointed about the ridiculous price that not many bands could get away with. 

That's you. Not everyone has a coheed & cambria tattoo and would give their kidney for this record. Some people just like the record and want to own it at a reasonable price. People have every right to be disappointed about the ridiculous price that not many bands could get away with.

I don't give a fuck. Why not voice your negative opinion somewhere else, instead of disparaging a fan base. Sound good? Good. S'alright? S'alright.

I don't give a fuck. Why not voice your negative opinion somewhere else, instead of disparaging a fan base. Sound good? Good. S'alright? S'alright.

But...that's what dreamover does... Also, he has a legitimate point.

(I should point out that he's disparaging you, not an entire fan base.)

I was still buying a lot of CDs when this album was originally released, so it's great to have the opportunity to find it for a reasonable price.

True, true. You may consider it, it's really a seller's market. ;)

Edit: I realize that I need to put a disclaimer here that says that I was joking and in reality have no connection to black market dealings in organs.

I wouldn't want to get in legitimate trouble due to a stupid joke.

What the hell is wrong with you that you're so turned off by opinions that differ from yours?. I said I think this record is priced to high and you start jumping down my throat. 

Newsflash: Opinions are allowed here. Even yours. 

This isn't a Coheed & Cambria are fucking gods forum. If that's an issue for you, there's a lot of people on their website that probably sound just like you and you guys can echo each other all day!

I'm about to make some friends. 

dreamover, you collect Jack White and TMR stuff, you're opinion is null and void because you support a guy who hawks Crosley turntables with his label on them.

Please don't be pissy. I'm sure you are subscribed to the Vault. at $60 for a 2Lp and 7"

dreamover, you collect Jack White and TMR stuff, you're opinion is null and void because you support a guy who hawks Crosley turntables with his label on them.

Please don't be pissy. I'm sure you are subscribed to the Vault. at $60 for a 2Lp and 7"

LOL. Shit escalated quickly in this thread. Why can't we be friends?

if you make friends by coming up with fucking ridiculous out-of-context arguments then that is really weird.

What the fuck does third man selling crosleys have to do with this? I don't buy or sell crosleys. You're really reaching there, buddy. 

This is a happy thread and I want positive vibes from it, not to read about some people complaining over prices. I'm sure there is a thread elsewhere for that. I don't know, I don't like to whine, so I never searched for it.

LOL. Life is tough. 

I don't want any complaining in my coheed threads. WAHH!

I understand why people are pissed this 2xLP is $40.. That being said, nobody is forcing you to buy it. It's not the only way to listen to it. You can buy it on iTunes for $10, you can buy the cd on eBay for $.99.. Yeah, they sell them for more than is necessary. I sell merch at all the big concerts that come through, and all the shirts are $40. They cost about $5 for the band to make. People ask me why they're so expensive and I tell them all the same thing, "Because the band knows people will still buy them." If you don't want to spend $40 on it, choose not to buy it.

if you make friends by coming up with fucking ridiculous out-of-context arguments then that is really weird.

What the fuck does third man selling crosleys have to do with this? I don't buy or sell crosleys. You're really reaching there, buddy. 

I was just making a terrible joke. The point is underlying the context. But allow me to lay it out.Have you ever heard/ read me bitching about the cost of a vault subscription or the fact that TMR sells branded crosleys? No. Because it doesn't help anyone. So, my suggestion is to sell this quarter's terrible Vault release and use the immense profits to buy this album literally for free. And fuck it, keep the flag for yourself. Then you have IKSSE3 on vinyl for no cost to you and a pretty rad looking flag.

Edit: the "friends" comment was sarcastic, I figure some ppl will start hating me more for speaking down on TMR. Also, the flag really is dope looking.

Edited by bcarter87

Some people just like the record and want to own it at a reasonable price. People have every right to be disappointed about the ridiculous price that not many bands could get away with. 

I agree with this wholeheartedly. We as consumers have the responsibility to ourselves to have standards for what we are willing to pay for something and the more people just fork over the cash on a clearly overly marked up item, the more the producers of the products are going to take advantage of that and keep pushing up prices. Yes, there are externalities that factor in to the equation of the retail price but obviously we've seen similar products produced and sold for a much better price. We're voting with our dollars and we're talking about it. There's nothing wrong with that. There's no need to get offended because someone says something is overpriced. This is overpriced. Its sad that a new 2XLP has to run more than $26 as a domestic release. Many other labels can manage to press a 2XLP for well under 40 goddamn dollars. If there turns out there was a licensing fee involved in this then I would take that into account but still, I'll wait to find this at a price that suits me.