Aphex Twin - SYRO (too soon?)

Those of you entering the ballot and concerned about how you are going to pay, why even enter?  If you have to sacrifice making a car payment or rent just to buy this, then you probably shouldn't buy this in the first place.  Granted, you get a week to come up with the cash to pay for it, but it will be $440 ($40 shipping was on the ballot page to the US) and that isn't just like a $30 LP.  I fear that a lot of people who entered the ballot won't pay in time and they'll go to that 2nd ballot (there is even a 3rd one) for all the unclaimed boxes that people won't be able to afford..

This is a situation where I wish Bleep had gone the way of some of those charity auctions that require you to submit details to prove that you can honor your bid in advance, thus doing away with people that bid like $2000 for a Pearl Jam tour experience but can't come close to paying it.

I guess people are hoping to get selected on the ballot and immediately just flip it on Ebay with the justification of "well if don't make my car payment this month, and sell it on Ebay, then I'll be able to make 2 or 3 car payments with the money I'll make!!"  That is not sound logic, but good luck!

Those of you entering the ballot and concerned about how you are going to pay, why even enter?  If you have to sacrifice making a car payment or rent just to buy this, then you probably shouldn't buy this in the first place.  Granted, you get a week to come up with the cash to pay for it, but it will be $440 ($40 shipping was on the ballot page to the US) and that isn't just like a $30 LP.  I fear that a lot of people who entered the ballot won't pay in time and they'll go to that 2nd ballot (there is even a 3rd one) for all the unclaimed boxes that people won't be able to afford..

This is a situation where I wish Bleep had gone the way of some of those charity auctions that require you to submit details to prove that you can honor your bid in advance, thus doing away with people that bid like $2000 for a Pearl Jam tour experience but can't come close to paying it.

I guess people are hoping to get selected on the ballot and immediately just flip it on Ebay with the justification of "well if don't make my car payment this month, and sell it on Ebay, then I'll be able to make 2 or 3 car payments with the money I'll make!!"  That is not sound logic, but good luck!

Pretty much.  Anyone will chomp at the bit when it comes when there's a limited opportunity to be had... even if they don't plan on seizing it.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone, somewhere wins the drawing and sells just their slot for a profit.