What's your White Whale record?

I hate people throwing around terms like white wale, or even worse, holy grail. But this is one record I thought I would never obtain because it's limited to 10 and was given to people only associated with the vinyl pressing of the record, but Ross from Enjoy the Ride hooked me up.

2i8NHUB.jpg

ogsmFxz.jpg

Now the question is; do I listen to it?

I hate people throwing around terms like white wale, or even worse, holy grail. But this is one record I thought I would never obtain because it's limited to 10 and was given to people only associated with the vinyl pressing of the record, but Ross from Enjoy the Ride hooked me up.

2i8NHUB.jpg

ogsmFxz.jpg

Now the question is; do I listen to it?

Hell yes, I would give that beauty a spin.  

Mine is Downset - Do we speak a dead language?

Theres one in ebay right now for $120. I contacted the seller on the condition of the vinyl. Listing says excellent but when they emailed me back, I was told it has scratches on it and hasnt been tested for playability. Not chancing it since they also say no refunds.

I'm currently searching for all 5 different color variants of Face to Face Don't Turn Away.  Approximately 100 of each were pressed in 92.  These are exceedingly hard to find.  In all of 2013 only 6 copies were sold on E-Bay, yet I'm still hesitant to call these "white whales" because they do pop up occasionally.  

Mischief Brew/ David Dondero -"Two Boxcars" on clear wax. The fanboy in me is also desperately searching out (not records I know, I'm sorry) The Orphans -"Crap's Greatest Hits", "Live at the Killtime", Demos, and "Ashtrays and Art" tapes. And Catch-22's "Rules of the Game" and Gimp's "Smiles for Macavity" tapes. Never seen any of it.

I have been searching for test pressings for two Prayer For Cleansing releases for years - never seen one actively for sale. I've "cold emailed" a couple people who have them listed on HYE or DF with no reply.

If you ever see The Rain In Endless Fall or The Tragedy EP test pressings, I will pay good money!

Eddie Bo - The Other Side of Eddie Bo

This guy is a soul/funk singer/writer/producer from New Orleans. He's our most famously unknown artist, I swear. This LP is non-existent. The rumor is they've made just a couple thousand copies in the late 70's. 

I've only talked to one old-timer who sold one in the early 2000's. The only two that appear to have shown up on ebay are 5 years apart, and in that five years, the value increased the record $500. Insanity tracking this thing down:

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=eddie+bo+lp+other&thumbs=&currsel=&sortord=&x=19&y=7

Eddie Bo - The Other Side of Eddie Bo

This guy is a soul/funk singer/writer/producer from New Orleans. He's our most famously unknown artist, I swear. This LP is non-existent. The rumor is they've made just a couple thousand copies in the late 70's. 

I've only talked to one old-timer who sold one in the early 2000's. The only two that appear to have shown up on ebay are 5 years apart, and in that five years, the value increased the record $500. Insanity tracking this thing down:

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=eddie+bo+lp+other&thumbs=&currsel=&sortord=&x=19&y=7

No that is definitely a white whale.  

My White Whale was an Ink & Dagger record that after years of searching I found out that it doesn't exist. The label fucked with people on the discography of the release. I found out from two of the band members that it didn't exist. I felt like a tool.