What's your White Whale record?

Got another off the top of my list today......Infected Mushroom - IM the Supervisor........was listed as "Like New" on ebay.......Pictures didnt look too bad

20141116_163623_zpsp4cawivi.jpg

20141116_163628_zpsf4xanih1.jpg

Damn that sucks... could a cleaning help? is that mostly dust? or a bunch of scratches too?

Such a great album! I would love a repress of this plus Converting Vegetarians!

Damn that sucks... could a cleaning help? is that mostly dust? or a bunch of scratches too?

Such a great album! I would love a repress of this plus Converting Vegetarians!

I spent a lot of time cleaning side A and B and it seems to be only a thick layer of Dust......Just really Shows i need to be more prepared and going to have to invest in a Really Good cleaning machine (which im going to do) 

It sounds pretty huge......Well worth picking it up if you can get it for a good price......i paid $70 for this.....Probably would have passes has i known the condition, but im going to keep it.........

Vegetarians Repress would be fantastic......Its just too Expensive when it does show......wouldnt hold your breath though........dont see a massive market for full psy albums...... 

I've never really thought about any records as "white whales," but as of late I've been trying to track down Ben Howard's 2x7" Old Pine EP. I'm super bummed because I saw that his people must've found some hidden somewhere and had them for sale on his website last week, but they're sold out now.

I thought I posted after this but I can't find it. I have since found the Old Pine EP and was on the hunt for Ben Howard's Every Kingdom on cassette, which was delivered to me yesterday (yay!)

So now I am looking for Ben Howard - Black Flies 7".

Only 100 exist and they were purchased on RSD a few years back in the UK through a Talenthouse competition. I found one on eBay once and it was located only a few towns away from me, which was weird. I was outbid by $5. Ugh.

Edit 5/6/15: I finally got my hands on that 7"! :)

Call me crazy but I don't consider a record a white whale if you can actually locate it on a daily basis.

To me a white whale should be a record that you simply cannot locate (or have to spend a significant amount of time locating), even when you have the funds available to purchase it.

Cannot afford =/= white whale.

After finally acquiring my last white whale, my new "official" one is Molly McGuire's "Lime" on any color (I think there is green and black). Been looking for about a year now and only seen a single copy for sale anywhere (I was outbid at the last second).

The hunt is on.

I didn't even know that was pressed. Good luck!

Call me crazy but I don't consider a record a white whale if you can actually locate it on a daily basis.

To me a white whale should be a record that you simply cannot locate (or have to spend a significant amount of time locating), even when you have the funds available to purchase it.

Cannot afford =/= white whale.

Also, I've seen a couple folks list items that have never been pressed on vinyl. How is that a white whale? It literally doesn't exist. That doesn't make sense.

Also, I've seen a couple folks list items that have never been pressed on vinyl. How is that a white whale? It literally doesn't exist. That doesn't make sense.

Marc Almond - Mother Fist And Her Five Daughters 7". It never happened despite getting a catalogue number.

Ha!