What's your White Whale record?

• 2 weeks later...

Sigur Ros - Sing Me To Sleep 7" Came out with a CD of indie rock lullabyes. Never seen one for sale and the few people on discogs don't want to sell. I have this feeling that some people bought the CD and tossed the record because they didn't have a turntable and didn't plan on getting one.

A close second is the Sigur Ros - Von Brigði 12". I've seen 2 on eBay but they were out of my price range. Not super pumped about spending the money on this one since the original songs weren't that great and the remixes are even worse but I will do it when it's the final missing piece.

Yes I sure did. The buyer got a deal. I figured it would go for at least 300. I wonder how much my autographed copy is worth considering how much they go for.

I wish the band would reissue it! I'm certain they own it and it would even be cool if they released it as a remastered/remixed lp. The Big Choice songs on the anthology are remixed and sound great.

I wish the band would reissue it! I'm certain they own it and it would even be cool if they released it as a remastered/remixed lp. The Big Choice songs on the anthology are remixed and sound great.

I asked Trever about reissuing it last year and he said that they wanted to remaster it first as they do not like the mix.  He also said they plan on doing some big stuff for the band's 25th anniversary in 2016.

Lisabö - Ezarian 2xLP

Colossal - Welcome the Problems

a bit over a year later and this is all I am still missing. Not including the records i mentioned were readily available but at crazy expensive prices. Some of the other things in my original post got reissued and i own them now too. I bought a copy of "Welcome The Problems" on eBay but got screwed over by the buyer. So still looking for a decent copy of that. 

as I am assuming is the case with most of us, i have new additions! haha. most of these I've never seen before...

Touché Amoré ‎– Parting The Sea Between Brightness And Me (Limited European Tour Edition)

The Mercury Program ‎– A Data Learn The Language

The Life And Times ‎– Suburban Hymns (Lost Bees Tour Version)

Frodus ‎– And We Washed Our Weapons In The Sea (Blue Translucent Vinyl)

A white whale should be something that you cannot get your hands on regardless of money.  My white whale for years was Big Choice by Face to Face, which was pressed for promotional use only.  I had cash in hand and still had to wait several years before I found a copy for sale.

yeah big choice is my white whale. it was losing streak,but then again there is like 4 of them on discogs,so fuck that.

also i've always wanted to do passion projects for all the albums i want repressed.

yeah big choice is my white whale. it was losing streak,but then again there is like 4 of them on discogs,so fuck that.

also i've always wanted to do passion projects for all the albums i want repressed.

Big Choice pops up about twice a year and usually goes for 250+.  My copy is autographed by Matt Riddle and Rob Kurth.  I'm hoping to get Trever and Chad's auto on it as well.