What's your White Whale record?

Not everyone's idea of a white whale is the same. It's more of a personal thing. Sure, those records I named aren't limited to five copies but they are somewhere rare. There are no copies of AB Life on eBay or discogs and there are no copies of The Front Bottoms on eBay and one copy on discogs. They aren't exactly easy to find. To me a white whale is something you obsess over and won't stop until you have it. Those two records were my white whales.

Explain how they're not.

You now own both of them, so they aren't white whales any more...

This thread has rehashed and rehashed what is considered a white whale for the purposes of this thread, and as far as this specific thread is concerned, neither of those hit the mark.

Thread thread thread.

This thread has rehashed and rehashed what is considered a white whale for the purposes of this thread, and as far as this specific thread is concerned, neither of those hit the mark.

Thread thread thread.

You aren't taking any shit lately :P

I suppose any non- deluxe If These Trees Could Talk test presses are my current white whales. The only Red Forest test I've ever seen in existance was given away at the album release show (raffle drawing I didn't win). Record label has never sold any. Above the Earth has been on ebay twice & sold for $250 & $350 respectively. It also was sold on the Mylene Sheath website for $80 which I missed out on. I've never seen a Self-Titled test for sale.

I just want one of those dammit!

Thread thread thread.

Right. They're not white whales anymore. But for me personally they WERE white whales. Lots of people have posted in this thread that they've gotten their white whale. How is me posting that I finally have mine any different? Just because they're not as rare as others?

Right. They're not white whales anymore. But for me personally they WERE white whales. Lots of people have posted in this thread that they've gotten their white whale. How is me posting that I finally have mine any different? Just because they're not as rare as others?GermyHewmatt, on 20 Sept 2015 - 7:31 PM, sa

As I already said, because they aren't all that rare or hard to come by, they don't really fit the criteria of the thread that has been previously established. I've been running after a copy of SSTB for years now because I've set certain criteria for my purchase, but I wouldn't come in here and be like "this is my white whale" because it isn't as set forth by the thread.

I don't really care, honestly, congrats on getting some records you wanted. Everyone is welcome to have their own definition of things, but in this thread, specific criteria have been set forth as to what "we" think they are.

• 2 months later...

My white whale is a particular copy of saves the day I'm

Sorry I'm leaving on pink/red mix.

I've owned it twice and I'd love to get it back.

For the longest time my whale was saves the day I'm sorry I'm leaving test press.

I had it and sold it and would also love to get another chance at it.

I have so many questions.